Board selling my players!!!

To cut a long story short, i took over birmingham when they were bottom of the premiership, flogged all their players and brought in loads of promissing youngsters. now those youngsters are getting older and better (oldest is still only 20 but we're holding our own in premiership) offers are coming in which im turning down. However that muppet that is david gold has just accepted a bid from chelsea for geoginio wijnaldum of 10 million and he has gone. Now i dont want to leave birmingham, so is there anyway around this or is there little i can do?

cheers

nothing you can do really ... offer em new contracts and pray they stay... edit your chairman's stats with fmm... one i did see, and dunno how effective it is, so dont shout at me if it goes wrong... offer said player out to other clubs for crappy amounts, accept their bids and pray he accepts one of those contracts over the one from the club who's bid the chairman accepted. that way you can still cancel the transfer....

edit :or just do what jod said...

Something I've heard in the past that works is lowering your asking price for said player to zero, so when clubs come in and try to buy him, their offers are low so you can reject.

Although you risk upsetting the player once you constantly reject offers for him.

Something I've heard in the past that works is lowering your asking price for said player to zero, so when clubs come in and try to buy him, their offers are low so you can reject.

Although you risk upsetting the player once you constantly reject offers for him.

:) nice idea mate this would actually work thanks. Stuff ****ing the player off if these teams are coming in for youngster even if they shown an interest the kids wanna go so they would be annoyed anyways.

I think the idea here is to have the low bids come in and reply with a ridiculous request like 150 million. Then they withdraw, you reset the asking price to whatever low bid worked and carry on. Nasty piece of exploit that.

Yes all you do is set the asking price to 0 & reject all offers. The players will never get upset because the bids will always be 0. And there's no need to bother with replying at all since all offers will be automatically rejected.

Ah, even easier, so long as the player doesn't know about it or doesn't care because it's a 0 bid.

Ah, even easier, so long as the player doesn't know about it or doesn't care because it's a 0 bid.

The player doesn't actually "know" it's 0. I guess they get upset if the value offered by the AI is equal to a certain value(depending on their market value & club). And for some reason they get upset if you negotiate a higher fee. AI players never get upset if the AI negotiate a much higher fee, they get upset only when AI rejects bids that are close to their asking price. Am I making sense? :D

Archived