if they could only improve 1 thing?

if fm 2009 was only improve on 1 thing from fm 2008 what would u want it? and how would u like it to improve

for me it has to be the regens that come thou, i end up getting bored after a while cos the regens are nowhere near the qualitly that starts the game.

the main problem is that si think that it would be useful for me to have my big cb to have a 18 crossing abitily and after a while in the game noone gets a decent pen taking stat.

I've noticed that a lot as well. Never thought of it as a bug but it might actually be. Has anyone else noticed this?

I haven't actually noticed this myself. I saw it once or twice but I think that is normal. I haven't seen it more than that.

Well, as Liverpool in my game, in the 3rd round of the Carling cup i got drawn away at man city. i checked my fixtures and the next game after that is man city away in the prem. I won and in the 4th round i got west brom at home. I had west brom away in the prem, the game before the carling cup one. In the fa cup, i got spurs away in the 3rd round, i had them in the league away the game after. It happens too in the champions league, i get an english team in the knockout stages if i am playing utd, chelsea or arsenal around the same time. It spoils the fun of getting foreign clubs. I know it happens in real life, but not every round. It does get irritating. It's like i can predict who i am going to be drawn against in the cups. Ok rant over....back to Barca vs Espanyol.

Well, as Liverpool in my game, in the 3rd round of the Carling cup i got drawn away at man city. i checked my fixtures and the next game after that is man city away in the prem. I won and in the 4th round i got west brom at home. I had west brom away in the prem, the game before the carling cup one. In the fa cup, i got spurs away in the 3rd round, i had them in the league away the game after. It happens too in the champions league, i get an english team in the knockout stages if i am playing utd, chelsea or arsenal around the same time. It spoils the fun of getting foreign clubs. I know it happens in real life, but not every round. It does get irritating. It's like i can predict who i am going to be drawn against in the cups. Ok rant over....back to Barca vs Espanyol.

Here is a thread about this issue in the bugs forum. Maybe you should post this in there as the amount of times you have posted does seem unrealistic.

For me it would be the leagues reputation not changing no matter how well the clubs from that league do in continental competitions.

The Premier League should have a 20 reputation to start with anyway. It is clearly the best league in the world. SI have always put it at 18 and it's wrong.

I've noticed that a lot as well. Never thought of it as a bug but it might actually be. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've noticed this a lot, but I just put it down to coincidence.

I'd like player abilities better spread at:

a. The start of a new game, and

b. Regens.

I hate having loads of high PA players given abilities in all the wrong places.

Like strikers with 20 for long throws but 8 or 9 in finishing and composure.

Or Central Defenders with 19/20 in dribbling and crossing, but 5/6 in tackling and heading.

It just doesn't make sense...

im sorry for not understanding english that much,but what regens means?

Regens are the players you that come into the game to replace the retiring real players. They are the ones with the facegen (cartoon) faces.

The Premier League should have a 20 reputation to start with anyway. It is clearly the best league in the world. SI have always put it at 18 and it's wrong.

I think it should be 19 as the Champions League and World Cup should be at 20 as they are bigger competitions.

I mean that for instance if i choose to play in Northern Ireland again and myself or other teams from Northern Ireland consistently do well over a period then the leagues reputation should rise to show this or fall of course if clubs from a nation don't do so well.

I'd like it if you could insist\persuade\threaten ;) a player to take dual nationality when they are sent to a wp feeder club. A lot of the time a player when he goes to one of these clubs will not take a dual nationality which imo kind of defeats the purpose of sending them there in the first place.

Rubish! the best league in the world is clearly la liga. The premier league is only the best if your an over paid primadona

Rubish! the best league in the world is clearly la liga. The premier league is only the best if your an over paid primadona

I watch every game of La Liga on Sky as i love it. I go and watch Barca and Madrid 2 or 3 times a season. I watch the Premier League every week as i support Liverpool. I can tell you now, the Premier League is better. It isn't by much, but it is better. La Liga has it's stars and that is it. Half of the players on the pitch are nobodies. They are regens in FM. Morientes was prolific in La Liga, came to England, couldn't score for sweets. Forlan, great in Spain (2 occasions) poor in the Prem. Kanoute & Sinama-Pongolle to name a couple more. The Prem is far tougher and much stronger. It is the most popular league in the world and the most exciting.

Of course this is only my opinion!

hmm i would say regens but tbh i would only change the physical stats alot come with excellent technical and mental stats. but then all the teams have the same so it doesnt bother me really.

i would have to say players dying out too quickly. walcott at 34 with pace 9 im pretty sure he would still be quicker than that.

Regress to the fm 07 match engine -

The Match engine in 08 is a complete joke, it has put so many people i know off getting fm 09 and is drawing comparasins with the ridiculous cm.

The match engine in fm is the only reason we all became addicted as the realism was amazing but now.....not so good. it actually makes me sad everytime i think about it!

It is not really a thing and would need many bits changed in different areas, but the one issue that I have is the feel of the game.

Imho it has changed for the worse in FM08 and I feel very disconnected from the game world. I raised this once in a separate thread with suggestions and analysis how to counter it.

Tactics are the one thing above all others I want improving because if they are so broken the rest of the game is just window dressing. There are plenty of things wrong with the match engine/tactics for those who want to use realistic player instructions.

e.g. possession is a total joke at the moment - teams just passing the ball around aimlessly and having 65% possession against a vastly superior team...or wingers who can never put in a cross when set to use realistic instructions.

Transfers: specifically -The ability to actually sell your players for a reasonable figure (ie for around what their value is in the game!)

Totally agree!! Also buying players needs a lot of work in particular the AI bias. Sick of offering a fortune for players and constantly getting rejected then when my budget is spent a couple of weeks later the club sells the same player for a fraction of what I was offering!! Gah!!

Good example offered £8m for Julio Baptista. Real didn't want to know. Spent the money elsewhere then Real sold him for £2.5m to Atletico (one of their fierce rivals) two weeks later?!!??

Also loads of clubs offering exactly the same amount for my players over and over again and never negotiating!!

I think if they fixed Regens then it would make life a lot easier for SI around the time for a new release. Reason why is cause everyone would be able to have long lasting playability in a game. So SI should really do themselves a favor. If regens were fixed I would be very greatful.

For me it would be the leagues reputation not changing no matter how well the clubs from that league do in continental competitions.

Definately.

You can in the Champions League 10 times in a row and the 'best' players in the game still don't want to come to your club.

Archived