squad re-building

wardog

Ok im currently in the process of a squad re-build. Im manageing Rangers in Scotland meaning i need at least 3 under 21 players in the first team or bench. One of them players i have will be sold, cant compete at this level. The second will be 21 next season as a result will no longer qualify.

The other will remain and will only be turning 19. This is where the problems begin, In my team i only have 3 home grown by club worth really keeping. Then afyer the boot only a further really 3 home-grown in Scotland.

This is where the problems begin. In Scotland theres no real young telent comming through able to be CL quality yet except for Ali Knox(my regen) and the figure above are provided that i dont consider selling a couple of older players incliudeing Barry Ferguson and if i do they both go down to 2 each.

Any ideas how i can get around the home grown talent thing?

ok thanks. Can see me having a very small CL squad for the next few seasons but well i guess that comes with the re-building process as i bury on and try to get into that second tier of telent rather than the third.

just leave em out one at a time, until it stops telling you you dont have enough h/g players in... get it up to the max you can. often have a similar problem managing liverpool, as i sell most of the players there as soon as i take over

its a loophole. but if you think about it, 8 players that means leaving 8 spaces. as a result your losing 8 players. Injuries and suspensions you maybe struggle to field a team.

I wouldn't consider it a loophole. If you register 8 homegrown players who you have no intention of playing, what is the difference of just registering 8 players less?

Wow, I never knew that! Does that work in the real world as well? Quite a loophole.
What? :confused: I know and I was saying that I don't think it is a loophole.
its a loophole. but if you think about it, 8 players that means leaving 8 spaces. as a result your losing 8 players. Injuries and suspensions you maybe struggle to field a team.

Here is the orgisional comment with yours and my reply. lol. I agree. But i was answering your question

Here is the orgisional comment with yours and my reply. lol. I agree. But i was answering your question

I am getting confused here. :D I don't think it is a loophole but you said it is so I don't understand how you are agreeing with me. :confused:

managed to get round it. When i searched i noticed alot of players who i previously had at the club who had moved to England and improved who wanted a return. They return, still not first team tier but not far off(only because i have improved the side). As a result i now have strenth in depth and homegrown talent

Archived