Player search idea

This would be good, it would help you buy players that would suit your style of play. Like IRL where MON buys players that suit Villa's play while Ramos just buys big names for Spurs.

Yep, like birmingham buy players who are strong! Hi Tom, just realised you are villa, can't speak to you now, blue nose here, you are doing well aren't you?

And yes, it would be a very good way to find players which will help you put your own stamp on your team!

That's a very simplified view, seeing as Ramos doesn't really buy the players at Spurs anyway, but it might be useful to have something like this in the game.

What are you on about? Look at the players Ramos has bought in and what they've done. Nothing!

Yep, like birmingham buy players who are strong! Hi Tom, just realised you are villa, can't speak to you now, blue nose here, you are doing well aren't you?

Yes we are Peter, but so are Blues. And I'd love for them to be back in the Prem.

What are you on about? Look at the players Ramos has bought in and what they've done. Nothing!

I think he means that Ramos is not actually buying the players as it is the director of football or whatever is buying the players. I'm not saying that is true but I think that is what he is saying.

I think he means that Ramos is not actually buying the players as it is the director of football or whatever is buying the players. I'm not saying that is true but I think that is what he is saying.

Well he's silly then isn't he and clearly knows nothing about football

Well he's silly then isn't he and clearly knows nothing about football

Actually, it's widely known that Tottenham employ a continental-style approach and that Damien Comolli is heavily involved in transfer policy. However, I will concede that Ramos clearly has some say in who comes in and out.

Actually, it's widely known that Tottenham employ a continental-style approach and that Damien Comolli is heavily involved in transfer policy. However, I will concede that Ramos clearly has some say in who comes in and out.

I agree. I don't think that Ramos is the sort of person that's going to be bullied into making signings that Comoli has suggested.

if you're looking for a player that is similar to one you already have or one that you want but can't afford, you can create a search filter based on this player.

can't remember exactly how off the top of my head but if you're on his profile i think it's misc-create search filter.

i did this on adebayor and found a gem of a striker in turkish umit ozan.

it maybe a bit late to make it for 09 but maybe for 10.

wouldnt it be usefull to create a player search looking for specific PPM's?

~~Stevie G~~

I think it would be better suited (and more realistic) for it to be part of a scouting assignment.

I agree. I don't think that Ramos is the sort of person that's going to be bullied into making signings that Comoli has suggested.

Damien Comoli does infact buy the players, as he is the director of football. Ramos is just a coach.

Ramos just signalls where in his team he feels he needs a player and damien comoli then goes out and buys a player for that position. It is quite a clear and well known setup.

If Ramos was buying players himself I think there would be a much larger spanish influence in the squad.

As a spurs fan tho I cant wait to see comoli leave, hes a fool! Ramos needs to be given more autonomy.

Im fed up with the amount of crap players we keep bringing in.

On a geographical note, since such things are clearly there in the background of the game already, I'd like to be able to filter players based on their place of birth being within a certain distance of some named town. I like to build a team of local players at some clubs if I can, but it's tedious having to look in an atlas for nearby places and take a stab at whether they are included in the game to make a filter that includes them!

On a geographical note, since such things are clearly there in the background of the game already, I'd like to be able to filter players based on their place of birth being within a certain distance of some named town. I like to build a team of local players at some clubs if I can, but it's tedious having to look in an atlas for nearby places and take a stab at whether they are included in the game to make a filter that includes them!

Searching by county would be good for me... I'd like to get as many Lincolnshire players as possible :D

Aye, that'd do, although it isn't very scaleable to every country necessarily and county's would have to be additionally implemented. Cities/Towns are already there with geographical distance between them because you get those comments when the Champions League draw comes out about some team from Iceland having to travel 4000 miles or whatever to face a team from Kazakhstan!

Archived