Getting rid of the deadwood

wardog

I give every player a chance to impress me when i arrive at a new club , if they fail to take the chance , then i offer them to clubs , release them at the end of their contract or put them in the reserves

That's exactly what I do, too.

Like smithers said, I give all players a chance in the 1st team when I take over a club, and if they don't impress I transfer list them, put them in reserves and then offer to clubs for about double their valuation with the money coming in over 24 months, you can sell alot of crappy players this way.

I generally test the player in the 1st team and if they arent good enough I place them onthe transfer list, status as not needed in the club and offer them to clubs. Then stick em in the reserves as I hhate having players on a transfer list in the 1st team.

If they are a youth team pplayer I try and release them at the end of the year if they dont look like they are going to make the grade by the time they are 20. Although any slight ability means I kkeep them on....I dont want to miss the chance of having a home grown talent!

if they don t agree with mutual termination, keep them in the 1st team squad( screen) but never include them in the team. Most of the players will agree with MT, after a month of warming the bench.

Really? I've only ever had one player who agreed to mutual termination, and he was being an arse and missing training all the time so I was fining him every couple of weeks. I've had players sat in the reserves with status not needed and still they refuse to go.

Really? I've only ever had one player who agreed to mutual termination, and he was being an arse and missing training all the time so I was fining him every couple of weeks. I've had players sat in the reserves with status not needed and still they refuse to go.

Keep them in the first team squad, not reserves, but never play them. They will become unhappy and eventually agree to terminate.

The majority of players will become "unsettled" if you keep them around but don't play them. The key is to wait until they become "unsettled" - then they will almost always agree to a mutual termination.

The better way to get rid of players is to transfer list them to attract interest. Then, take them off the transfer list, and offer them to clubs for the price you want.

Archived