Transfer Arranged Filter (Request)

Quavis

I've just started another lower league game and am looking for my first signings. For managers with little/no transfer budget, players arriving the end of the contracts who will be availible for free (potentially), are the prime playingfield.

The filters currently in place do a very good job at allowing me to filter to only players with contracts expiring, by age, value, ect. However, i have found no way to eliminate players who have already agreed to new contracts with other clubs. I have no chance at signing these players, so I really don't want to see them. They stop me from being able to shift click to add players to my shortlist/scout them in my subsearches. If I forget to manually go through and remove them all, on July 1st (a hugely important day in the lower leagues), I got a message in my inbox telling me they've completed their move. Its not at all uncommon for me to already get 150 (max) messages on this day, and these messages are wasted space and could cause me to miss out on seeing a message I really did need to see.

For example: With a large database with the filters Age < 24, contracts = expired or expiring or unattached, with only england loaded (Prem - BSS/BSN), the filter returns 1214 players. 92 of these players (7.5%) have already agreed to a contract. This number only gets higher as the game moves towards the June 30th. The majority of the players that have already agreed contracts are the better players (which is understandable, someone is going to want them), so its not at all uncommon for 25% or more of my sub-filters to be players that have Trn tags. It would be very helpful if I could add a filter Transfer status != arranged to eliminate these players from the search.

I appoligize if there is already some way to do this, but I cannot seem to find it and it would be most useful. I realize at this point your probably already feature locked for FM '09, but hope you will consider adding this filter in a later patch or version.

Short Answer: I don't know

Longer answer: I'm not sure, but would rather be able to filter it manually as:

1) asking the Assistant to filter unreasonable targets eliminates lots of players who WILL sign for you if they are released from their clubs. Almost everyone will say they arn't interested in signing until they hit the unemployment line, at which point they are forced to rethink their options.

2) I often don't have an assistant manager at lower levels as I'm very picky on my assistants attributes and there is a general lack of coaches willing to serve as assistants that you don't have to pay compensation for.

Archived