A-League changes in FM09?

I have tried the check the current threads and could not find answers to the following questions, so I apologise if these have already been answered elsewhere. Can anyone tell me if the new Youth League that has started this year in the Australian A-League will be included in FM09? This has implications for the first team as senior players can play in Youth League games to gain fitness and form. A number of people who play A-League in FM will be really keen to see this function in the game! I hope this can be included?

Also in the previous versions of FM, in the A-League as squads could only have a maximum of 23 players registered at any time, you could only assign a player a kit number between 1 to 23. Surely you can register players and then assign them any number you like? This should be any easy one to fix as plenty of other leagues and competitions require you to register players and still let you choose any kit number you like.

Last question, with the league expanding from 8 to 10 teams with the inclusions of teams from the Gold Coast and North Queensland, can they be coded into the games so that they come in to existance from next season? As the team names, logos and coaches is already known I sincerely hope this can be included also?

I know the team at SI are busy working on the game, but hope you can make time to answer these few questions for fans of the A-league? Cheers

well i dont know the answer to you question, but if you really want that you should be able to come up with something made by youself with the editor ... create the competition, the clubs, the rosters ... and so on... =\

well, i will not be playing the Australian league, but i hope that your request may be fulfilled

Last question, with the league expanding from 8 to 10 teams with the inclusions of teams from the Gold Coast and North Queensland, can they be coded into the games so that they come in to existance from next season?

I've read somewhere in the forum that they won't be included.

I have tried the check the current threads and could not find answers to the following questions, so I apologise if these have already been answered elsewhere. Can anyone tell me if the new Youth League that has started this year in the Australian A-League will be included in FM09? This has implications for the first team as senior players can play in Youth League games to gain fitness and form. A number of people who play A-League in FM will be really keen to see this function in the game! I hope this can be included?

Also in the previous versions of FM, in the A-League as squads could only have a maximum of 23 players registered at any time, you could only assign a player a kit number between 1 to 23. Surely you can register players and then assign them any number you like? This should be any easy one to fix as plenty of other leagues and competitions require you to register players and still let you choose any kit number you like.

Last question, with the league expanding from 8 to 10 teams with the inclusions of teams from the Gold Coast and North Queensland, can they be coded into the games so that they come in to existance from next season? As the team names, logos and coaches is already known I sincerely hope this can be included also?

I know the team at SI are busy working on the game, but hope you can make time to answer these few questions for fans of the A-league? Cheers

In FM07 you could assign any player any number in the A-League but they must've changed it for FM08. Maybe it's an A League rule...?

ynwakopite - That is correct. The HAL Operations Manual states the following "A permanent shirt number is to be allocated, from numbers 1 to 23, to each Player on a club's Player Roster. Goalkeepers are to be allocated numbers 1 and 20 exclusively. If a club has a third goalkeeper on its Player Roster, he is to be allocated number 30."

ynwakopite - That is correct. The HAL Operations Manual states the following "A permanent shirt number is to be allocated, from numbers 1 to 23, to each Player on a club's Player Roster. Goalkeepers are to be allocated numbers 1 and 20 exclusively. If a club has a third goalkeeper on its Player Roster, he is to be allocated number 30."

Matthew I don't understand how this can be true when there is a number of examples of players that wear numbers higher than 23. For example Nik Mrdja for Central Coast is 25, Andrew Durante is 24 for Wellington, Mark Bosnich is 40 and the list goes on.

Pleased to hear that the youth league will be included but very disappointed to hear that the expansion teams will not. I can't understand the reason given. They say it is because the A-league season crosses over, which is rubbish as the season ends in Feb/March which is well before the other European leagues finish. I hope this can be addressed with a future patch, but I fear that as Australia is seen as a small part of the market, we will just be forgotten about.

I assume it is because we don't know the makeup of the team squads and we don't know the format and dates for the new competition rounds, or the pre-season cup.

Matthew I don't understand how this can be true when there is a number of examples of players that wear numbers higher than 23. For example Nik Mrdja for Central Coast is 25, Andrew Durante is 24 for Wellington, Mark Bosnich is 40 and the list goes on.

I could have kept quoting the regs, but I didn't know how far to go! :D

-----

2.3 Players are only permitted to change their permanent shirt number between seasons and only if the number they wish to move to is vacant. Therefore, once allocated, no Player may change their permanent shirt number except when moving to a new Hyundai ALeague

club or if another player has left their club and thus vacated a number.

2.4 Guest Players and Replacement Players (for Players transferred to the Long Term Injury List or National Team List) may be allocated any permanent shirt number from 24 to 99, excluding numbers 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 which are to be allocated to Permanent

and Replacement Goalkeepers exclusively. All Replacement Player permanent shirt numbers are subject to approval by FFA.

-----

The example for the goalkeepers is two seasons ago when the Glory had five goalkeepers on their books throughout the course of the season with Petkovic 1, Vrteski 20, Velaphi 30, Petterson 40, Tomich 50.

If a player is signed as a guest player or replacement player, then they are given a higher shirt number and can keep that number in the following season(s) if signed as a permanent player (as per reg 2.3 above).

I could have kept quoting the regs, but I didn't know how far to go! :D

-----

2.3 Players are only permitted to change their permanent shirt number between seasons and only if the number they wish to move to is vacant. Therefore, once allocated, no Player may change their permanent shirt number except when moving to a new Hyundai ALeague

club or if another player has left their club and thus vacated a number.

2.4 Guest Players and Replacement Players (for Players transferred to the Long Term Injury List or National Team List) may be allocated any permanent shirt number from 24 to 99, excluding numbers 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 which are to be allocated to Permanent

and Replacement Goalkeepers exclusively. All Replacement Player permanent shirt numbers are subject to approval by FFA.

-----

The example for the goalkeepers is two seasons ago when the Glory had five goalkeepers on their books throughout the course of the season with Petkovic 1, Vrteski 20, Velaphi 30, Petterson 40, Tomich 50.

If a player is signed as a guest player or replacement player, then they are given a higher shirt number and can keep that number in the following season(s) if signed as a permanent player (as per reg 2.3 above).

So how will the game know if it is the 2nd season from start. It will only allow you to give then 1-23 when you begin. So Nick Mrdja who is 25 for Central Coast will need to be a number between 1-23 from the start of a game. See the problem. Whilst that may be in the FA rule book, do we need that in the game. Whats the hassle with assigning a player a number and making sure you don't register more than 23 players?

OzGunner - I'm not actually affiliated with SI or the research team, I was merely trying to explain the situation with my real-life knowledge of the Hyundai A-League Rules and Regulations as you requested. Apologies if you were mislead.

BTW - I am flattered that you thought I was involved with SI! :)

millwallrules, post that in the Data forum (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=11968&page=5) and see what they have to say about it as they look after all of the stats.

I do agree with you though as many A-League players are underrated, especially considering some of them are getting gametime for the Socceroos. For example, Matt Simon was horrible on 08 as well as the players you mentioned.

Archived