FM won't run on my laptop

I've run FM2008 once on my laptop, on which occasion it worked fine, but I've just tried to play it again and it doesn't start the game - you put the disc in and, in crude technological terms, nothing happens.

:confused:

I really liked the game the first time i played it so if anyone could tell me what i'm doing wrong i'd be most grateful

:o

Thanks a lot guys!

How quick is FM on your laptop? Iv just bought a laptop and was wondering whether it would be worth installing it as it runs quickly on my pc. :)

I use a laptop as well and FM is reasonably fast but only if I run just a few leagues. After that it gets quite slow. That is because of my specs though, which are pretty poor by todays standards. What are your specs?

I was wondering if I run a network game from home and connect to it on my laptop through the wireless network at school would that make it faster than trying to get my laptop to run lots of leagues? Anyone else tried that?

This probably me being stupid but I got lost somewhere in that first sentence. :D I have never played over a network but I think that the host computer will do all the processing so you want that to be the better machine. You will be playing over a network, though, but if the network is fast that should not be a problem, I would not imagine.

oh ok might have to give it a whirl :p will let you know if it runs faster on pc or laptop.

thanks for the feedback!

Ok, let me know if you ware happy with the speed after you have tried it out.

So is it possible to have a pc running the network game but not participating in it. eg could i do a 1 player game on my laptop but my pc actually runs it?! Or would the pc have to have a manager too!?

You could have a manager on the other computer but unemployed and permanently on holiday.

Archived