Are player contract demands an indication of greed etc?

Obviously if a player wants £5Million a week he's just a greedy bastard; I'm not talking about that.

When offering a contract to a player, are the words used in negotiations an indication of certain mental traits?

Example:

It's the end of season, and I'm doing my usual renewing of contracts, or I'm offering a contract to a player I've just agreed a fee for, and I've just noticed that while one player's negotiation is as so:

"Player A's agent indicates that he is requesting £40,000 p/w in addition to a signing on fee of £1M."

Another is like this:

"Player B is demanding £An awful lot p/w in addition...."

Whereas I'm sure I've seen:

"Player C wants £Whatever p/w in addition..."

Would this, if we read between the lines, be an indication of our players mentality.

ie Greedy, Loyal, Unprofessional etc?

If so, I wonder where else in the game we can gain an insight into our players' "Hidden" attributes without the use of 3rd-party Genie Scouts and the like...

Just a thought that came to me there.

It could be an indication of that. I've found as it relates to these examples that players are willing to accept less salary and have more flexibility with regard to team status if they are requesting and wanting, rather than demanding or require.

Switching team status offered in contract can also provide an indication as to what kind of role they want on the team too. If they want a salary that coincides with what your board allows for a key player's wages, they might not accept the salary or the status for a first team or rotation status player. Hence, you have a hint as to what kind of problem they might have with their new role within the team.

It could be an indication of that. I've found as it relates to these examples that players are willing to accept less salary and have more flexibility with regard to team status if they are requesting and wanting, rather than demanding or require.

Switching team status offered in contract can also provide an indication as to what kind of role they want on the team too. If they want a salary that coincides with what your board allows for a key player's wages, they might not accept the salary or the status for a first team or rotation status player. Hence, you have a hint as to what kind of problem they might have with their new role within the team.

That was the other one I was trying to think of, but my old mind went blank. :D

Archived