Most nerve wracking end to a season ever! No, really, ever!

Well, my current savegame is over 70 yeas old - but i've never had anything quite like this.

All the matches in the championship had been played, except for my match against Sheffield Wednesday which had been put off due to UEFA Cup commitments (We lost to Real in the Semi-final).

The league was tight at the top, but I was still in touching distance of the Premiership, with the massive reputation and financial boosts that would bring.

Having narrowly missed out on the playoffs the previous four years (admittedly with two different clubs), I was starting to question if I would ever get out of this league.

Then came the match to end all matches.

A win, however slight, would put me top of the league, Champions of the Championship (abeit only on goals scored).

However, fail to win, and I'd be left in the cold for another year. A draw wouldn't even see me into the playoffs.

I can tell you now, I was absolutely terrified!

Take a look at this!

my god!

I've never seen anything like it - and most likely never will again...

Astonishing, not only is it very very tight indeed, it appears to be a particularly low scoring season points wise. 73 points to win the league is very low and the fact the winners lost the same amount of games as a side in 17th says it all.

Would be interesting to see the position graph with perhaps the top 10 clubs selected, i wonder how many sides lead the table at one point or another!

Astonishing, not only is it very very tight indeed, it appears to be a particularly low scoring season points wise. 73 points to win the league is very low and the fact the winners lost the same amount of games as a side in 17th says it all.

Would be interesting to see the position graph with perhaps the top 10 clubs selected, i wonder how many sides lead the table at one point or another!

I'm halfway into the new season at the moment, so I don't still have the graphs, but I did notice how close it was, and started taking screenshots from game 38.

Leicester were top with eight games to go and Blackpool were top with 6 games left.

Oh, and...

Get in!

I'm halfway into the new season at the moment, so I don't still have the graphs, but I did notice how close it was, and started taking screenshots from game 38.

Leicester were top with eight games to go and Blackpool were top with 6 games left.

Oh, and...

Get in!

Leicester! :D

Oh, and...

Get in!

Congratulations nick... :thup:

A bit curious, but how's English football in 2076?:p

On a previous save with Barcelona, in 2014, I played Deportivo knowing that a win or a draw for me would win the league. I was at home, so i was confident but I lost 2-4 and Aguero got a hat trick. to make matters worse, I had sold Augero to them earlier on in the season, he was the 7th best striker at the club, so I was very very annoyed. U can also guess the team that won the league instead of me.

A bit curious, but how's English football in 2076?:p

Georaphically, it's very diferent.

There are two welsh clubs in the Prem, while the North-East's only representitive is Dalington! Only four London clubs remain.

Man U are the only team never to have been relegated (and they escaped by a single point the year Liverpool and Newcastle went down), even Chelsea had a couple of seasons in League One, although they're back now.

The strongest teams are Southampton, Blackburn and Aston Villa, who have won one CL title each in the last 15 years, as well as dominating the domestic scene.

At the other end, it's been a sucessful year for the fallen giants - Newcastle won promotion back up to League One, having smashed all the League Two attendance records, while Watford are currently Confrence Champions.

Other notable risers are Peterborough United, who are celebrating their 7th successive season in the premiership (although they've never made the top ten) and Hinkley, currently plying their trade in the Championship.

Wolves have dramatically fallen from Premiership to league two in a 5 year spell - they were quite a strong premiership team too.

It's been an interesting few years...

Only 36!

I retired Nick in his 60's (this was nececarry as I was having some bug with it at the time) and replaced him with Nick Jr.

Now Nick Jr. has also retired (sixty-something again) and Nick III is just at the start of his career.

I'm setting about creating a dynasty!

All my managers start their careers at 30 (also their favourite club is the one at which their 'father' had most success), so if I still had the first Nick, He's be 103.

Well, my current savegame is over 70 yeas old - but i've never had anything quite like this.

All the matches in the championship had been played, except for my match against Sheffield Wednesday which had been put off due to UEFA Cup commitments (We lost to Real in the Semi-final).

The league was tight at the top, but I was still in touching distance of the Premiership, with the massive reputation and financial boosts that would bring.

Having narrowly missed out on the playoffs the previous four years (admittedly with two different clubs), I was starting to question if I would ever get out of this league.

Then came the match to end all matches.

A win, however slight, would put me top of the league, Champions of the Championship (abeit only on goals scored).

However, fail to win, and I'd be left in the cold for another year. A draw wouldn't even see me into the playoffs.

I can tell you now, I was absolutely terrified!

Take a look at this!

my god!

I've never seen anything like it - and most likely never will again...

Shouldn't Swansea already be promoted though? Since whatever the result of your match they will still be in an automatic promotion spot?

Archived