New features Revealed in the Podcast!

eshaan

For all those people who for some reason have not heard the podcast here is a list of some of the features announced in the podcast:

1. Distance tracker- shows how much your player's have run and how hard are they working. (In kilometers or miles)

2. Improved team reports- Your assistant manager will prepare detailed team reports and will higlight the weakness in the squad and suggest player's you may buy to strengthen.

3. Changes in team Awards- overall history of team awards will be available.

4. More options while going on holidays regarding job applications( Top half, bottom half clubs etc...)

5. Player Ratings- players playing for less than 10 minutes on coming on as substitutues DO NOT get rated so that their average ratings do not go down.

6. Feeder Clubs- Once you have gained the trust of your Boardroom you can ask the board for a SPECIFIC feeder club/parent club!

7. Ability to Loan players will be improved. Specific details can be sent to clubs asking them to loan players.

8. Stadium Expansion will now begin at the END of a season so that the stadium with improved capacity is ready by the time the season kicks off.

9. In countries like Spain where clubs have their own "B" teams, these teams will not be regarded as feeder clubs anymore but shall be seen as affiliated clubs.

10. Agent Transfer rules...not really sure about this...

Example: French Choker/Joker rule. Anyone know what that is?

Anyway these are all the features in the podcast. Looks good :D! Can not wait for November 14th!

French Joker Rule from BBC Website:

"Considering proposals to allow clubs to make one signing each - a so-called 'joker' - outside transfer windows".

To add to that, I believe it has to be:

1. a transfer from a French club to a French club

2. between the Summer and January window(September-December)

5. Player Ratings- players playing for less than 10 minutes on coming on as substitutues DO NOT get rated so that their average ratings do not go down.

hmmm...i'm not sure I will like this one. My hero off the bench won't be rated as such. Nor would mistake making subs be rated as such. I guess it's not anything big...as player's value will be a good indicator of quality.

number 6 is already in the game

I don't think it is as I think it means that you can now request a specific feeder club not a specific type which is already in the game. So you could now say that you want Derby as your feeder club for example. That is what I understood from that point anyway.

hmmm...i'm not sure I will like this one. My hero off the bench won't be rated as such. Nor would mistake making subs be rated as such. I guess it's not anything big...as player's value will be a good indicator of quality.

It sounded to me like if it was 6 or less then it wouldn't be counted if it was higher it would. Might be wrong though

2. Improved team reports- Your assistant manager will prepare detailed team reports and will higlight the weakness in the squad and suggest player's you may buy to strengthen.

Hopefully this actually works. If I take over United, keep Rooney, Tevez, Manucho, Berbatov then add Huntelaar and Villa, I don't want him to turn around and say our striker depth looks poor.

9. In countries like Spain where clubs have their own "B" teams, these teams will not be regarded as feeder clubs anymore but shall be seen as affiliated clubs.

I don't understand this. As things stand right now Spanish and German "B" and "C" teams are reserve squads (and I believe that's the best solution). Still in Mexico for example America and their filial team Socio Aguila are treated as two separate clubs (sometimes not even with a feeder relationship), the same thing goes for other Mexican clubs and team in Ukraine not named Dinamo Kiev or Shakhtar Donetsk.

So what will this be in FM 09? Are the "B" teams going to be reserves or separate, affiliated clubs?

I'm not too sure with 6 TBH. I would like to see the ability to target feeder clubs in certain regions or countries, and with a certain reputation or divisional status but specific clubs? I suppose it does require the trust of the boardroom, but I'm still not sure it should go quite that far.

Not being stubid but what is a podcast is it the same as pc?

A podcast is a donwloadable digital media file, contain audio and/or video

A podcast is distinguished from other digital-media formats by its ability to be syndicated, subscribed to, and downloaded automatically when new content is added.

If you have an PC/laptop/ipod/mp3 etc you can download them, and listen as long as you have a media player ( Itunes/VLC/Windows Media Player.. or something like that

Here's the link for the podcast for Football Manager 09

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/podcast.xml

I don't understand this. As things stand right now Spanish and German "B" and "C" teams are reserve squads (and I believe that's the best solution). Still in Mexico for example America and their filial team Socio Aguila are treated as two separate clubs (sometimes not even with a feeder relationship), the same thing goes for other Mexican clubs and team in Ukraine not named Dinamo Kiev or Shakhtar Donetsk.

So what will this be in FM 09? Are the "B" teams going to be reserves or separate, affiliated clubs?

Sounds like there is a new category of relationship: "Affiliated Club". B teams in Spain are not 'reserve squads' in that they can qualify for the leagues proper and gain promotion/relegation. Not sure how that works in Germany, but because they are in the same league system as their parent club they have created a few problems in gameplay. Not sure what the difference between 'feeder' and 'affiliate' will be, but I'm glad its getting dealt with in some way.

Sounds like there is a new category of relationship: "Affiliated Club". B teams in Spain are not 'reserve squads' in that they can qualify for the leagues proper and gain promotion/relegation. Not sure how that works in Germany, but because they are in the same league system as their parent club they have created a few problems in gameplay. Not sure what the difference between 'feeder' and 'affiliate' will be, but I'm glad its getting dealt with in some way.

In FM 08 i was coaching Real Madrid.the B team is called CASTILLA.i managed to win the 1 spot in La Liga 2 but the game didnt promote my team ( talking about the Castilla)

In FM 08 i was coaching Real Madrid.the B team is called CASTILLA.i managed to win the 1 spot in La Liga 2 but the game didnt promote my team ( talking about the Castilla)

In reality I don't think both clubs can be in the same division.

Definitely looking forward to the improved job searching process while on holiday. The improved team reports should be something to look forward to as well.

Thanks for sharing the summary with those of us who haven't had a chance to tune in.

No problem mate :D

I'm not too sure with 6 TBH. I would like to see the ability to target feeder clubs in certain regions or countries, and with a certain reputation or divisional status but specific clubs? I suppose it does require the trust of the boardroom, but I'm still not sure it should go quite that far.

it will take a LOT of hardwork to get to that stage...ppl who play the game long term and stick to one club will experience...i quite like the idea of approaching specific clubs...

Well, if they make a new type of relationship I guess it will be ok. I didn't think teams like Castilla could be well represented under the current feeder club options.

In reality I don't think both clubs can be in the same division.

i dnt know,but i think they can.years ago i heard Florentino Perez (Real Madrid Chairman) saying that Castilla will compete in the 2nd division,and will win promotion.

The second year they got relegated.

But i guess they can win promotion,because what is the need to have a team with coaches and good players without beeing able the compete..

But in FM i think its hard to make it real.

For all those people who for some reason have not heard the podcast here is a list of some of the features announced in the podcast:

1. Distance tracker- shows how much your player's have run and how hard are they working. (In kilometers or miles)

3. Changes in team Awards- overall history of team awards will be available.

4. More options while going on holidays regarding job applications( Top half, bottom half clubs etc...)

6. Feeder Clubs- Once you have gained the trust of your Boardroom you can ask the board for a SPECIFIC feeder club/parent club!

7. Ability to Loan players will be improved. Specific details can be sent to clubs asking them to loan players.

8. Stadium Expansion will now begin at the END of a season so that the stadium with improved capacity is ready by the time the season kicks off.

10. Agent Transfer rules...not really sure about this...

Example: French Choker/Joker rule. Anyone know what that is?

Anyway these are all the features in the podcast. Looks good :D! Can not wait for November 14th!

hopefully the ass man will be better this year as they didnt do much in this years game

Archived