Installing on a laptop

Today I bought myself a brand new laptop and immediately tried to install FM08 onto it, I installed it and played a game for awhile. However, when I went to load it back up the laptop told me I had to install it again, I couldn't find any trace of it on my programs and there wasn't a pinup on the start menu.

Everytime I want to play a game I have to install FM again. Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Vista by any chance??

If so I don't have it I'm afraid, it's an abortion of an OS.

This problem has come up a few times that I've seen in the last few weeks. Have a search and see if you can find anything on it. Failing that I'm sure someone will be able to help you...Installing as an Administator rings a bell, also, I'm sure I've seen someone tell someone else where you will find it on the HD.

I've had a quick search...

Have you had a look here.

it installs the shortcut into your games folder in the start menu. you can create your own by going to c:\program files\sports interactive\fm2008 right clicking on the fm.exe icon and saying "send to desktop"

to add to this, ive had a look back through all the tech forums i can get into and it seems to have been solved by a clean uninstall, or by patching, or both, so with a bit of luck, itll be the same for you!

Credit to rinso a couple of weeks ago

Archived