load all players from...

im a long time player but i still dont know what difference is between 'view only' leagues and the 'load all players from...' option

do both of these things impact upon regens?

thats my main concern really, ensuring regens still come through

apologies if this has already been answered but i couldnt find anything with the search forum tool

anyway, ta in advance

thanks very much for the responses guys

a follow up question...

how much of a drainage on game speed and processing if i add about ten countries to 'load all players from'?

im assuming its less than actually making the leagues of the countries themselves playable, but maybe im wrong?

ta

whats a ddt?

sorry if i sound like a *******

ive been playing the game for years and have never heard of that team

It is a simple file that you can create in notepad that will allow you to retain players from any clubs or countries that you specify in it.

This thread explains how to create them along with how to create edt files which are different.

thanks very much for your help jod

ive just read on a forum that although retaining lots of players makes the game slow to load up initially, in the long run it doesnt impede upon game speed too badly

do you know if this is the case or not?

No problem. Glad to help. :)

I'm not sure. I never used ddt files and most players I retained is from 1 country. I would imagine that it is much quicker than loading playable leagues.

yet another thankyou

yet another question: i think ive put the ddt file in the right place but im not sure

ive got it in the edt folder in the weegie update folder

is that right? or do i need to put it in the edt folder of the actual football manager

its just that ive tried it both ways and it doesnt appear in the 'extra files' section, is it even supposed to?

yet another thankyou

yet another question: i think ive put the ddt file in the right place but im not sure

ive got it in the edt folder in the weegie update folder

is that right? or do i need to put it in the edt folder of the actual football manager

its just that ive tried it both ways and it doesnt appear in the 'extra files' section, is it even supposed to?

You're welcome again. :D

The ddt file should go in the edt folder of the database you are currently using. If you are using Weegie put it in it's edt folder while if you are using the 8.0.2 database put it in its edt folder. It should show up on extra files and you just have to tick it then.

ok great, got it working

if ever you have a question about how to make good houmous, the simpsons or the works of charles dickens (the only three things i know about), dont hesitate to ask

Ok thanks. If I ever have a question about either of those 3 things I now know where to go. :D

Obviously it works the other way as well. If you ever have a question about Football Manager don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to give you the right answer. :D

Anyway glad you got it working. :)

Archived