FM 09 Network Game

I agree with you about the hardness to set one up but mine's not slow with my mate.

I love the network aspect of the game I am nearly at the end of the season and there are 10 of us in the league I am not finding it slow at all to be fair. I’m looking forward to FM09

FML is rubbish and a rip off! Stick to FM or networking.

I wouldn't consider it a rip off (even though that I won't be playing it :p). I think it is around £70 for a year isn't it? That works out at about £6 per month. I don't think that is bad value.

EDIT: Forget this post, just saw your above post. :)

How is it hard to set up? I think its very easy.

I was in a very sucessful 20 human English Premiership online game that got through about 7 seasons on FM08 and we will do the same for FM09

Must of been hard for the ones that got relegated to keep up their motivation when they're not playing against human players every week and imagine the embarrassment lol everyone would jip you lol!

I was gunna say is it possible to just use a 3rd machine to host the game and run it off there. Might be faster?

I use my other PC as a server, where me and my 3 friends logg on when we play FM08 and it´s not slow.

The "Server" i use is an old laptop, so it doesn´t need to be a super computer.

with best regards

MN

thats really weird? why is it slow for some people and not others? me and my friend both have broadband so that shouldnt be the problem? my computers brand new so that cant be the problem either, and my friends is pretty new aswell

maybe its a vista problem?

jbrown are u on vista? and same goes for rest of you?

I have a network game with my mate in FM08 and we have never ever had an issue and speed is immense! We use a switch in my house so its 100MB not broadband speed but I have never had a crash in FM08 network games but did regularly in FM07 and before.

Setting up a network game is real easy too, the manual helps!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

can anyone tell me how to configure FM 09 or even just fm08 i imagine the principles are similar, as i cannot connect to my mates game ever or indeed any other game of fm outwith my local network. Do i need to open ports on the router or something?

if so which ones?

Check out the FM Online section, there is a useful sticky with all the info you need.

I'm sorry to pester but could you possibly give me the link to that section (I'm new to all of this)

and btw FM 09 works on my laptop but not my desktop:S?

Archived