Contracts

Gecko

Was wondering how I can get some of my first teamers on full time contracts, half of them accepted yet the other did not and I would like. Currently Redditch in Blue Square Premier, promoted first season and in the 2nd season, was 2nd but dropped to 4th since a series of badluck ie late goals gk/dc playin a 5 in the last 10 min or strikers couldnt hit a barn door yet easily scoring earlier in the season with ease O.o 30 games into the league and I think ive hit a really bad patch of form of lately...

Was the second part of that post really necessary?...

But as for contracts - have you offered said players a better squad status? Maybe they have been offered "Rotation" or "Backup" but would prefer "First Team" or "Indispensable"...

Was the second part of that post really necessary?...

But as for contracts - have you offered said players a better squad status? Maybe they have been offered "Rotation" or "Backup" but would prefer "First Team" or "Indispensable"...

Was the first part of yours?

If your players aren't currently willing to accept full time contracts then you can either try improving the contract you're offering them, or simply wait until your teams doing a bit better. Eventually you'll get to a point where all players want to be on full time contracts, probably after you next get promoted.

Well I have had a few to drink, but I wanted you to know exactly where I stand. I have offered higher squad status and more wages but half of my first teamers just wont accept. Im back to 2nd now 33 games in now and 4 points behind top (was alot greater before). Just beat Woking 8-2 so Im really happy atm considering it was only 2-1 at half time! :D

If I reallly want my players on full time contracts I just keep offering more and more money until either I feel it isn't worth it or I reach the maximum I can allow, at which point I accept they'll have to stay part-time.

That's an iffy part of the game for me anyway - I'm not sure whether it should be possible for the manager to just suddenly start offering full time contracts to a bunch of players at a part time club...mebee it is realistic though...

Ive been offering since the first season. I want my players to be better trained (hence why I offer my coaches full time as well yet they don't accept O.o). Hoping to get promoted, league 2 you automatically get fulltime don't you?

Do you have a choice? I thought youth contracts were for up to a certain age and part time/full time contracts for after that.

You do if they are 16+ years old and already on a youth contract. I was wondering this too - should I offer my youngsters still on a youth contract a part time one if they won't accept a full time one or leave them on the youth contract?

I have a quick question about contracts.... Is it possible to offer maybe a higher salary to a player and maybe lower his appearence fees some. Or is it possible to not give one at all, because Id rather give them just a salary and that could save a lower league club more money maybe

Quick question... Youth or part time contracts, which is better?

At the lower levels, youth contracts, especially if they are not wanted by any clubs higher up the league tables than you and also if they are not worth any value.

As long as they are on a youth contract, they train longer than a part-timer as well as receive money from the FA for a youth grant, so even though they cost against the overall wage budget, you still get reimbursed from the youth grant.

As soon as they are offered part-time status, you can loan them, sell them, transfer them, and pay for them.

I have a quick question about contracts.... Is it possible to offer maybe a higher salary to a player and maybe lower his appearence fees some. Or is it possible to not give one at all, because Id rather give them just a salary and that could save a lower league club more money maybe

In general, you can play with the wages you offer based on the squad status you offer them. If they are a hot prospect, typically they want a higher appearance fee. The same applies for a rotational player.

Key players and first teamers will accept lower appearance fees, but they do want playing time. If they don't get it, they'll become unhappy and, occasionally, fail to show up at training. Their reaction is determined by their hidden attributes, but you can gain a hint of what they might do by viewing their personality. Ambitious and highly ambitious cause more problems when they are sitting the bench, in my experience.

Archived