Has anyone ever???

I lost 4-1 away to AC Milan in a 1st round UEFA cup tie when I was managing Hibs. I thought it was all over, but we spectacularly beat them 5-1 back at Easter Road to send them crashing out of Europe before it had even begun :)

Wow, that's some achievement! The trouble is I'm away in the second leg :(

Ok...well, in that case (I missed that part when I first read your post)...I'd say you should look forward to a season next year of being one of the best teams in your division rather than one of the worst ;) Every cloud has a silver lining and all that...promotion is not all it's cracked up to be!

My comeback with Hibs was definitely a one-off kind of result. We tanked completely in the UEFA Cup group stage whereas I'd have been pretty astonished if AC Milan had failed to qualify from the rather non-arduous 3 out of 5 go through scenario!

Edit: Actually, thinking back, I do my Hibs team a dis-service - we walloped Hertha Berlin at home, we were just appalling away and a 4-4 home draw with Villareal put us out :p

I was once 3-1 up from the first leg against Barcalona as Spurs, only to lose 4-1 in the home leg- bastards

similar thing happened to me with valencia in the quarter finals of the euro cup i was leeds and won the first leg away 3-2 so had 3 away goals then valencia came to elland road and won 3-1 so aways goals didnt matter anyway as they won 5-4 on aggregate :(

Has anyone ever come back from a 4-1 home defeat in a first leg of a play-off or similar as I've just lost the first leg of a League One Play-Off Semi-Final?

I'm absolutely gutted. Is there any hope for me???

A long time ago (maybe even back to FM05) - I got battered in the Champs League Semi 1st leg something stupid like 6-0 or 7-0. I was so angry, and in the return leg, I played a 3-0-4-3 (3 DC's, 4 AM's and 3 ST) with long ball and big men upfront and won 9-1 \o/

I was once 4-0 down in the San Siro in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Inter Milan when I was Man United. In the 85th minute of that match Ronaldo scored a penalty so we lost the match 4-1. In the 2nd leg at Old Trafford we scored a last minute goal to win 3-0 and go through on away goals.

Has anyone ever come back from a 4-1 home defeat in a first leg of a play-off or similar as I've just lost the first leg of a League One Play-Off Semi-Final?

I'm absolutely gutted. Is there any hope for me???

there is hope, its the playoffs so away goals dont count 3-0 will do good luck!

I've come back from that sort of deficit a few times.

Although it's usually with Liverpool and I try to put out a side with players who are mostly described as "Determined" if possible, it's a very important attribute when facing adversity.

In your team talk, try to relieve the pressure and let the lads play freely - you may be surprised.

There is hope.

Good luck :thup:

I did it twice in the same season with Barcelona. I lost 3-0 against Man Utd in the QF's and beat them 4-0 at home, in the Semis I lost 4-1 away to Sevilla and then beat them 5-0 at home, this was in the 2016 season. It was all a bit mad and heart attack inducing.

Archived