AI at it's best

IT happens in real life. E.g Man Utd get results somehow (See penalty at weekend) can't just say AI makes it happen. In old Liverpool game Reina scored the clincher in champ semi final with a goal kick. Couldn't believe it, bet the AI manager was saying " typical Human managers always cheat" ;-)

IT happens in real life. E.g Man Utd get results somehow (See penalty at weekend) can't just say AI makes it happen. In old Liverpool game Reina scored the clincher in champ semi final with a goal kick. Couldn't believe it, bet the AI manager was saying " typical Human managers always cheat" ;-)

The AI's always on these boards making that outrageous claim!

It's funny you should bring this up now as it happened to me for the first time ever last night. I was going through a bad losing streak and was playing Bolton who at the time were near the bottom of the league (it's 2027 and I was playing as Solihull Moors by the way). Anyway, I expected this to be the game where I turned my luck around but after 20 minutes a goal kick bounced over my keepers head and I knew it wasn't going to be my day.

But the fact is that I've played a rediculous amount of seasons on FM over the years and this is the first time this has ever happened to me. Isn't it funny how loads of people ask for random things that do happen in real life to be in the game, but rarely. Then when one of these things does happen they claim it's because the AI didn't want them to win the game?

The mind boggles. It's just as well we don't have some of the things in the game that people often ask for, like brawls, global bans and players failing drug tests. Imagine the amount of people claiming the AI cheats them if any of those things happened to their team.

I haven't won anything on 08. I put it down as room for improvement though. :D

Qualifying for the UEFA is the closest I've come.

The AI do score some pretty controversial goals. As people have already said though - it happens in reality too.

I haven't won anything on 08. I put it down as room for improvement though. :D

Qualifying for the UEFA is the closest I've come.

The AI do score some pretty controversial goals. As people have already said though - it happens in reality too.

It's not just the AI that do this though. I've scored some laughable goals in my time that would have no doubt had the AI manager tearing his virtual hair out.

I'll be honest, I've had things happen in my favour and at the time I've thought to myself "if that had gone against me rather than for me, I'd be on the boards complaining about that." A good recent example is where the opposition goalkeeper went a-wandering outside his area, received a pass, allowed it bounce off him directly to my striker, and then stood still as my striker took a couple of steps towards goal before despatching it with ease.

I'll be honest, I've had things happen in my favour and at the time I've thought to myself "if that had gone against me rather than for me, I'd be on the boards complaining about that." A good recent example is where the opposition goalkeeper went a-wandering outside his area, received a pass, allowed it bounce off him directly to my striker, and then stood still as my striker took a couple of steps towards goal before despatching it with ease.

i had a similar thing where cech took a goal kick, and chased it up as if it was a rugby up and under kick. my striker got the ball on the halfway line and scored. if that happened against me i'd quit and restart, because that just wouldn't happen irl

Archived