feature idea

biro

not sure if that been considered before but what about a seperate 'challenge mode'

you would get dropped into a specific set of circumstances

some examples.

1. you are 2nd bottom with 5 games to go and need to avoid relegation

2. you are challenged to win the next 4 games with man utd using an unusual formation/ultra defensive/using only your young players etc

3. club is in a strong leaugue position but wagebill, club debt is far too high.

4. survive an injury crisis

5. you are a new team entering the 3rd devision with 100 grand and no players. win in your first season

the best thing about the feature though that it would be somewhat scriptable. so you could continue to download new user made challenges. some would be very hard. others just more fun. some challenges are just a few games.. others are several seasons long.

any thoughts ?

not sure if that been considered before but what about a seperate 'challenge mode'

you would get dropped into a specific set of circumstances

some examples.

1. you are 2nd bottom with 5 games to go and need to avoid relegation

2. you are challenged to win the next 4 games with man utd using an unusual formation/ultra defensive/using only your young players etc

3. club is in a strong leaugue position but wagebill, club debt is far too high.

4. survive an injury crisis

5. you are a new team entering the 3rd devision with 100 grand and no players. win in your first season

the best thing about the feature though that it would be somewhat scriptable. so you could continue to download new user made challenges. some would be very hard. others just more fun. some challenges are just a few games.. others are several seasons long.

any thoughts ?

you could just load up a league with a late starting date im sure that theres a league with a start date in march or something like that then you could just choose your own challenge.

but my thinking is that there is already a challenges community for FM. this would just make it downloadable. i'm sure you could continue the challenge you finished ryan. it would be an interesting way of managing in situations that would never come up in-game.

I would rather see specific "historical situations" than the challenges suggested so far.

eg:

- Your Man Utd team with the likes of Beckham, Schmeichel, Yorke and Stam must win games against Spurs, Newcastle and Bayern Munich missing key players for each game.

- Managing Arsenal, come from 2-0 down to beat Chelsea

- Steer unfancied Zenit to a UEFA Cup victory

- Bring Greece European glory

- Improve on the last time Derby was in the Premiership

- Score three times against Milan in 45 minutes as Liverpool in the European Cup final

etc

But it's nothing overly important, and I'd not expect anything like it to be included anytime soon, if at all.

I would rather see specific "historical situations" than the challenges suggested so far.

eg:

- Your Man Utd team with the likes of Beckham, Schmeichel, Yorke and Stam must win games against Spurs, Newcastle and Bayern Munich missing key players for each game.

- Managing Arsenal, come from 2-0 down to beat Chelsea

- Steer unfancied Zenit to a UEFA Cup victory

- Bring Greece European glory

- Improve on the last time Derby was in the Premiership

- Score three times against Milan in 45 minutes as Liverpool in the European Cup final

etc

But it's nothing overly important, and I'd not expect anything like it to be included anytime soon, if at all.

Those challenges seem more like PRO or FIFA where you play actively.

The challenges of the topic creator are good though and it would be good if SI implement this well, maybe with a record page with your best results and even better can download "ghosts" of others people.

Archived