best piece of business youve made

wardog

In July my goalkeeper Alan McGregor was moaning he wanted a fresh challenge. As a result i brought in Igor Ankifeev for £30M not expecting ever to make my money back unless a few years Euro success. However in January i still hadnt sold McGregor and Arsenal(who already broke my record sale with Hutton for £28.5M 2 seasons ago) decided they wanted my keeper Ankifeev. I demanded £37M and they took it. He accepted and in 6 months id made a £7M profit(excludeing wages which wouldnt make £7M anyway).

Whats your best pieces of business.

On FM07 i sold a 19year old brazilian to AC for £40m upfront, £40m over 24months, £20m after 30 league apps, £20m after 1 international app, and £20m after 30 league goals.

I'd signed him for the grand total of £1.9m :D

That said he did go on to win world player of the year 7 times with AC, so maybe it wasn't such a good sale :(

bought van der vaart for 40m to newcastle

sold him to manutd for 65+50% of next sale

manutd didn't play him at all

he was selected "worst signing of the year" at the end of that season

manutd sold him for 60 next season... earned another 30 from there. doubled the price.

i probably have made more profit from some other cheap youngsters, percentwise. but this one was great in numbers.

On FM07 i sold a 19year old brazilian to AC for £40m upfront, £40m over 24months, £20m after 30 league apps, £20m after 1 international app, and £20m after 30 league goals.

That said he did go on to win world player of the year 7 times with AC, so maybe it wasn't such a good sale :(

so your telling me you recieved a total of £140 mill for a 19 yr ols who isnt even developed fully i think you need to direct me to your dealer as he obviously has some good stuff cmon mate your not speaking the truth at least say you sold somebody like ronaldinho or messi for that kind of money kidda

signed samir nasri on a free, played 19 games, sold him to barca for 22M +50%, the next season they sold him to man utd for 24M, giving me a total sale of 34M for 19 games! it probably wasn't my best bit of business because i might've got more for him, but it's far and away the biggest profit i've made

boought mario gomez for free and sold him for 35 mn within a year :D

I bought Mario Gomez for £17.5 million and sold him within a year for something like £8 million. Can I get a medal for the worst piece of business ever? :p

Best piece of business I have no idea, but fairly obviously tends to involve players I sign on Bosmans. In FM07 I brought Diego to Derby County on a Bosman and he ushered in an era of sleak attractive football and 3 EPL titles so I guess he was good business even though I never sold him.

yeah, in terms of signing a player being good business, mine would be joao moutinho on a free. i use the galactico's tactic's in this particular save, and in europe he has been in the top two scorer's every season. great mental stats makes him a brilliant tutor as well, so he's also improved a load of my regens

i don't even understand how your selling players for this amount of money!?! ive only ever sold higuain for £40mil to chelsea with buy back cluase but i then signed him back from £25mil. I can only think it is impossible to sell someone for £140 mil or whatever the price was combined of that brazilian 19 year old.

i don't even understand how your selling players for this amount of money!?! ive only ever sold higuain for £40mil to chelsea with buy back cluase but i then signed him back from £25mil. I can only think it is impossible to sell someone for £140 mil or whatever the price was combined of that brazilian 19 year old.

You're probably not alone in your assumption...

so your telling me you recieved a total of £140 mill for a 19 yr ols who isnt even developed fully i think you need to direct me to your dealer as he obviously has some good stuff cmon mate your not speaking the truth at least say you sold somebody like ronaldinho or messi for that kind of money kidda

If that guy became the world player of the year 7 times, he must have had a CA of 190+ and should be absolutely comparable to Messi, Ronaldinho and the likes :)

Looking at the inflated transfer fees and the complicated structure of the deal, I believe him.

If you had a passing knowledge of the long term finances in FM07 then you would be aware that by 2030 every major club had >£300m transfer budget.

And fwiw the 19yo was easily better than messi currently is. Finishing, composure, pace, decisions, anticipation, positioning, technique all 19+ as well as being two footed and with 15+ in passing, dribbling etc - there were several issues with some regens becoming too good in FM07, this was one of those.

The reason i sold him was that i play with one up front and his strength and aerial ability were relatively poor.

I bought Felipe from Udinese for Rangers for £10m in the third season. He did well and he was consistant. Milan came in for him at the start of the fourth season and I sold him for £15m ( I know not much of a profit but I bought a lot players to replace Felipe anyway). When he left he said I didn't get enough opportunities. I gave him 33 leagues games and a lot of European matches.

Oh I forgot I was going to sell Stancu to Chelsea for £27.5m plus a 50% sell on clause. He never agreed terms with them. I only bought him for £1.5m as well.

A couple of versions ago I was playing as Dinamo Kiev and had trasnfer listed some Brazilian left back, though I can't remember his name. Some Argentinian club came in and offered me the my asking price, plus a young Argentian who I'd keep for about four years before selling for about £20m. Turned out to be Sergio Aguero, who I'd never heard of at the time! If I had, I'd have demanded more! Not the most amount of profit I've made, but a good one anyway.

just from my current game : first season - bought bogdan lobont for about 3mil, after the season sold him for 20mil and signed tim wiese as a free signing for the same salary as lobont. :)

i can also say that i`m more than happy at buying vincenzo iaquinta for 30 mil (since he scores more than a goal a game so far (24 goals in 20 games played, and not against easy competition - PRM and ECC)

Best piece of buisness i ever saw was on a network game with me buddy.

He was Newcastle I was Man Utd this was on 05 i think?

He bought Dede the brazilian left back/ left midfielder from Dortmund on a Free end of first Season and sold him in january for £50 million to Chelsea !!!

NOW THATS BUISNESS ;)

Veron on 01/02. On three seperate games, I sold him after around 3 seasons to Italian Clubs or Spanish clubs for 80million in a structured deal but got it all within around 1 month and 25% of next sale. He was sold for 44mill so I got 91mill from the deal. He was very good on the game though but I boughg good replacements.

I bought Sumoliski (sp?) A Macedonian midfielder in January 2009 with Notts Forest (while in the championship) he scored 7 goals, all against promotion rivals (Pompey, Wigan and Fulham). I was promoted so made roughly £40 million (tv rights, increased gate+season ticket revenue, better sponsorship etc..). Minus thoses 7 goals we'd of been in the play offs fighting Wigan then Fulham for the last promotion slot ( I'd of given myself of 50-1 odds of winning the playoffs because I never do well in playoffs ). Then I sold him to Southampton for 3.2 million in the summer allowing me to buy a wicked french d/w/m/dm/lc guy (was 2.7 mill short of the ammount needed for transfer).

Edit: He cost 300k.

If that guy became the world player of the year 7 times, he must have had a CA of 190+ and should be absolutely comparable to Messi, Ronaldinho and the likes :)

Looking at the inflated transfer fees and the complicated structure of the deal, I believe him.

then you too should also send me your dealers number as messi prob dosent even have a ca of 190+ at the start and if he did its because you know about his talent hence he is a household name but your telling me a guy who's name still hasn't even been mentioned has a ca of 190+ then he is obviously a made up player either in the editor by the guy claiming this noncence or its all still in his head after smoking them drugs!!! believe me when i say this is a complete lie if he hasn't even mentioned a name means he hasn't even thought about how poor a lie this was cos he though we would all just be like wow thats some transfer fee that mate, don't make me laugh, all this just so he could sound good amongst the community do me a favor and come up with something factual please, otherwise post a new "FANTASY" thread for numbnuts who lie like lie about stuff, RANT OVER haha

If you had a passing knowledge of the long term finances in FM07 then you would be aware that by 2030 every major club had >£300m transfer budget.

And fwiw the 19yo was easily better than messi currently is. Finishing, composure, pace, decisions, anticipation, positioning, technique all 19+ as well as being two footed and with 15+ in passing, dribbling etc - there were several issues with some regens becoming too good in FM07, this was one of those.

The reason i sold him was that i play with one up front and his strength and aerial ability were relatively poor.

so do me a favor then post a picture of some screen shots of this then i will believe you and i will humbly appolagise and say fair enough!!

so do me a favor then post a picture of some screen shots of this then i will believe you and i will humbly appolagise and say fair enough!!

grow up

what would i possibly gain by lying on an internet forum?

The guys name hasn't been mentioned because he was a regen.

bought van der vaart for 40m to newcastle

sold him to manutd for 65+50% of next sale

manutd didn't play him at all

he was selected "worst signing of the year" at the end of that season

manutd sold him for 60 next season... earned another 30 from there. doubled the price.

i probably have made more profit from some other cheap youngsters, percentwise. but this one was great in numbers.

its unrealistic! i hope FM 09 will be much better

Btw its a good deal my man!

My scout recommended a young goalkeeper from Norway who i snapped up as a 17 yr old for 250k. He waited in the reserves for about a year until I got fed up with having Kameni's gaffs and inconsitency.

Goal keeper wnet on to become a wonderkid, his value shot up. I sold Kameni, promoted the Norwegian to no.1 and then sought a replacemnt no. 2.

I signed a GK regen from Sporting on a free called Gomes. he was good but not brilliant. The Norwegian played 2 more years and was performing great.....then Juventus bid 24m and 20% of next transfer. i reluctantl accepted......because by this time the Portugese Gomes had become even better , a wonderkid himself. ive been rejecting bids of 25m for him but this time am standing my ground as he is immense and at the age of 26 now world class.

Thats two wonderkid goal keepers for 250k whom i could of got close to 50m for.

grow up

what would i possibly gain by lying on an internet forum?

The guys name hasn't been mentioned because he was a regen.

ok ile grow up......................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................................

..........................................................................................................................

ok now ive grown up will u prove it by posting some screen shots of this regen who has no name then????

then you too should also send me your dealers number as messi prob dosent even have a ca of 190+ at the start and if he did its because you know about his talent hence he is a household name but your telling me a guy who's name still hasn't even been mentioned has a ca of 190+ then he is obviously a made up player either in the editor by the guy claiming this noncence or its all still in his head after smoking them drugs!!! believe me when i say this is a complete lie if he hasn't even mentioned a name means he hasn't even thought about how poor a lie this was cos he though we would all just be like wow thats some transfer fee that mate, don't make me laugh, all this just so he could sound good amongst the community do me a favor and come up with something factual please, otherwise post a new "FANTASY" thread for numbnuts who lie like lie about stuff, RANT OVER haha

I think Messi's CA on 08 is just under 190 (might be 188).

ok ile grow up......................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................................

..........................................................................................................................

ok now ive grown up will u prove it by posting some screen shots of this regen who has no name then????

It was on FM07, i'm currently playing 09 and have no reason to have FM07 installed any longer so you can wish for a screen shot all you want.

Anyway, you've already accused me of using an editor, lying and taking drugs, what difference would a screenshot make? I could have gone as AC manager and made the transfer :eek: or edited the player :eek: or or or....or maybe after playing 20+ seasons the major clubs had more money than they should, which led to an increase in transfer prices, coupled with the manner in which i distributed the payments the AI club deemed this acceptable.

I'm done bothering replying to your comments.

Mines a player called Lubos Kalouda who i signed for leeds united in league 1, he played every game for me 3 seasons straight until i got to the premiership and he got into the czech republic team and an insanely rich everton team came in with 18.25million bid which i couldnt refuse as the chairman stepped in. (F##King ken bates :@) I only bought the player for 650k. Not bad business for leeds.

140Milillion!!! Bloody hell!!!

I have a feeling that you're the kind that never really grows up...

Why would you even care and spend energy on the subject? And as he said himself, why just why on earth, would he bother to lie?

It was on FM07, i'm currently playing 09 and have no reason to have FM07 installed any longer so you can wish for a screen shot all you want.

Anyway, you've already accused me of using an editor, lying and taking drugs, what difference would a screenshot make? I could have gone as AC manager and made the transfer :eek: or edited the player :eek: or or or....or maybe after playing 20+ seasons the major clubs had more money than they should, which led to an increase in transfer prices, coupled with the manner in which i distributed the payments the AI club deemed this acceptable.

I'm done bothering replying to your comments.

good that was the answer iwas expecting i knew you wouldnt have any real proof as your telling porkies and 09 isnt even out yet!!!

good that was the answer iwas expecting i knew you wouldnt have any real proof as your telling porkies and 09 isnt even out yet!!!

PROVE THAT YOU EXPECTED THAT ANSWER! I wan't screenies!

No wait don't bother. I don't take screenies from weenies.

Mine would be the sale of Isiah Osbourne, the DM that played for Coventry (i think - it was in FM05 or maybe earlier). As usual, he had become the best DM ont he game and Real Sociedad came in for him, i tried to scare them off by asking for 100 million pounds. They duly accepted, so off he went to Spain and off i went, laughing all the way to the bank.

About 6 months later Sociedad had gone into administration - someone couldnt really afford 100m me thinks - so one quick phone call to the desperate chariman and back comes the best DM in the world for 40m. 60m is 6 months! Awesome!

Archived