European Succsess in the media

wardog

Ok not to moan. But i havent qualified for Europe past Christmas 2 years running and third season i done well. In those two years no Scottish team got passed that christmas mark. This year Celtic managed third in the CL group garenteeing UEFA cup football after this mark and i finished second in mine above Byern and behind Real Madrid.

In Scotland IRL we'd have loads of media hype over this, the game lacks this. I know its differnt in England as succsess is easier in Europe with the amount of TV money they get and the players they cna bring

• 3 weeks later...
Isnt media a new feature in FM09 e.g more press conferences etc.

Yea, I'm excited about the press conferences but I don't remember hearing many details about the media features ie recognition and a lot of media coverage for achieving well beyond expectations.

Even when you actually win the CL, the media euphoria is very muted. It needs looking at by SI. Winning it is so hard, some praise and credit wouldn't hurt ;)

couldnt agree more. managed to win the Asian Champions League with HKFC, a virtually unknown team from Hong Kong, and there was barely a peep outa the media about it.

Even when you actually win the CL, the media euphoria is very muted. It needs looking at by SI. Winning it is so hard, some praise and credit wouldn't hurt ;)

Very irritating, 16 years it took me to win the CL with Bayern Munich and I had started the save with the intention of leaving Bayern once I had won it, not a peep from the paps :mad: Perhaps the press conference feature will give us an option to tell the press what our expectations in each competition are, or tell them which comp you're going all out to win, would help.

I remember as a 14 year-old kid picking up a newspaper the morning after Man. United won the Champions League in 1999. I also remember the TV coverage and all the general hysteria around it. Now, admittedly, that was a treble win, which is a very rare achievement indeed. But in 2005 when Liverpool won it, and again this year when United won it, there was plenty of media hype. I just think it's a shame that this isn't really conveyed at all by the game when you win something this big.

Archived