Long term games. (Weaker leagues).

Kyno

Hey, I did a search for this, but none of the threads I checked came up with an answer. [sorry if someone else can find this easily, maybe I put in the wrong keywords. =)]

Scenario: you play a game until 2020+, say in France, and continuously challenge for the Champions League with your team, and maybe an AI team wins some big European honours too.

Well obviously, your reputation goes up a lot, and you can bring in world class players. But does the League as a whole become stronger? I assume (maybe incorrectly) that a club's reputation is boosted more by winning the Premier League than Ligue 1. Will winning Ligue 1 give a bigger boost, if the average reputation of clubs in the league is better? Will Ligue 1 ever be given more Champions League spots? Similarly, if English/Spanish/Italian clubs stop qualifying from the group stages, eventually, will they be stripped of one?

Basically just looking for someone to tell me about the changes that come about if you become amazing in a weaker league.

I've found a lot of threads where people have played for a really long time, but most people seem to do so in the Premier League.

The UEFA coefficient changes dynamically throughout your game :)

If teams from a weaker league get good european results, the coefficient goes up... and so do the qualifying berths for the continental competitions !

I play mostly with belgian teams and I don't think I ever managed a Premier League club. Except when I won promotion with Crystal Palace in CM 01/02 :D

The coefficients change if the teams do well in europe, giving that country extra cup spots etc... Someone correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think the reputation of the league changes so you are still unable to attract top players to the league. I think some of the guys who have done some of the long term challenges have come across this problem.

Alright thanks for the replies. I'm planning to take my current game quite far into the future, usually only get to about 2012-2014 and then stop. Just wanted to know that eventually my league would become stronger. (I only loaded France & Germany).

P.S Its really easy to find good German youngsters, they're the ones in the National team that are actually real! =)

France and Germany aren't exactly weak leagues, you should be ok with them in regards to attracting decent players from the start. I think the problem is when you are managing in a smaller league, say Northern Ireland for example the league rep never goes up so you can't attract decent players even if your team does well in europe. Just going from things I have read, not experienced it myself.

The leagues don't increase in reputation, which is a big problem. Also, the "importance" of the sport for the national side as well as the economic factor. All these are static which really ruin long term games. Basically, the longer you play, the easier the game becomes. The challenge needs to be there whatever year it is.

If a team from a small league becomes successful and a force in the footballing world, the league should increase in importance and reputation, helping boost their local economy and provide the nation as a whole to invest better.

Russia is the perfect example of a league which has increased its reputation over the years (the money helps of course), and are attracting better players.

Archived