Board confidence problem

In FM 08 I was manager of Gillingham. in the first season i managed to get promotion to the championship via the playoffs, mainy due to the goals of Danny Haynes on loan.

The next season was a serious struggle, i was just above the relegation zone but I wanted to progress in my career faster (in retrospect probably too fast).....so i resigned and then applied for any job I could

I got some how got offered the Brescia job, which I was amazed at as I had been unemplyed for so long that i thought Id have to go to a lower level than i was previously with Gillingham.

Brescia were in Serie B and were expected to win the league, somehow they were 4 points above the drop in a bvery tight league. They had good players and with me at the helm I managed to go on a greta run, virtually winning most games. Promotion via th playoff system followed.

The next season was one of solidity and I was delighted with this, league 1 to serie in 3 years. But the board werent satisfied and they claimed I hadnt met their expectations as I didnt get promotiom to serie B, despite being in serie A! They ended up not offering me a new contract and I got realeased. Madness!!

Im certainly looking foward to getting mmore feedback regarding confiendeces in the new game

How do you suspect the club stature rating will work?

I'm hoping that the stature rating will be linked to results and then confidence. i.e. lose away to Man Utd 3rd round FA Cup 3-0 with a weaker Premiership team when expectations were to reach the 4th round, would lead to the following message :

"We are disappointed that we didn't reach the FA Cup 4th round, but recognise that being drawn away to Man Utd in the 3rd round was unfortunate, we would have hoped for a closer game, but understand that Man Utd are a world class team"

On top of this I'm hoping that it will also be used for pre-season expectations. Say for example you over-achieved the year before and finished 6th with say Stoke City the board may say:

"Ideally we'd finish 6th like last year, but we recognise that their are a number of larger and richer clubs than us in this league and thus a final position of x would be acceptable"

This is how I hope it's linked, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

I'm hoping that the stature rating will be linked to results and then confidence. i.e. lose away to Man Utd 3rd round FA Cup 3-0 with a weaker Premiership team when expectations were to reach the 4th round, would lead to the following message :

"We are disappointed that we didn't reach the FA Cup 4th round, but recognise that being drawn away to Man Utd in the 3rd round was unfortunate, we would have hoped for a closer game, but understand that Man Utd are a world class team"

On top of this I'm hoping that it will also be used for pre-season expectations. Say for example you over-achieved the year before and finished 6th with say Stoke City the board may say:

"Ideally we'd finish 6th like last year, but we recognise that their are a number of larger and richer clubs than us in this league and thus a final position of x would be acceptable"

This is how I hope it's linked, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

Yeah that needs to be sorted. Being expecte dto reach the quarters if a cup and then drawing Arsenal or Chelsea in the 1st round shouldnt really be held against you......it should depend on the effort that was put in.

And like you say, should 1 good season mean that your expectations rocket straight away? I know that expectatiosn raise within reasons, but Ipswich finishing 6th surley doesnt mean they expected to finish there the next year.

Archived