lma style kits

Now, I have lma2005. I wasn't really too impressed with the game for many reasons, but one I thought was good. As you know on FM clubs have kits which you can see on the club information screen and when playing a match. They have sponsers on, and this is where lma comes into play, on lma there are a lot of logos for companies. And clubs use these on their kits. Now, I was wondering could this be put into FM?

Would be good, similar thread i saw about this today about changing kits. Something simple would be nice in my opinon just choosing a type of kit e.g Hoops, stripes, halfes or quaters then just a choice of say 3 colours for the kit. Nothing complicated to include i wouldnt of thought.

Some clubs let fans pick kit from a selection - usually the away kit but sometimes the home strip is the one fan picked, but not both together (I think anyway). basically what I'm saying that it could be completely random (maybe from a file different style & colours of kits) and credit to the fans or pick 4 or 5 at random and let you have some say like the feeder clubs (like the above post says).

ive seen this idea before. and i like it. you can just add sponsorless kits and obvs the badge is already on the game, the game can have manufacturers and sponsors logos (extra money for saga/S.I for advertising) with a transparent background and every couple of season when the sponsorships over it could change, i no the manager doesnt chose this but it doesnt matter if we dont chose and the board do it makes the game more realistic than man utd being sponsored by AIG forever.

I would actually say the board would have choice of this but again after so long like the feeder clubs your opinion will be considerde

we don't necessarily have to be in control of this it could just simply be implemented into the game.

So that the board does choose this but they do so without you noticing which will essentially mean that in the end kit sponsors will slowly change for each team(fake sponsors) to make the game a little more realistic :)

we don't necessarily have to be in control of this it could just simply be implemented into the game.

So that the board does choose this but they do so without you noticing which will essentially mean that in the end kit sponsors will slowly change for each team(fake sponsors) to make the game a little more realistic :)

Also maybe we can add the sponsors on transparent backgrounds to the game so they would work. Possibilities are endless =]

i dont think that the original sponsers eg AIG, samsung, carlsberg would be very happy if sports interactive took them of of the teams which they paid many millions of pounds to advertise on and replaced them with others :)

i dont think that the original sponsers eg AIG, samsung, carlsberg would be very happy if sports interactive took them of of the teams which they paid many millions of pounds to advertise on and replaced them with others :)

I can't see them been too worried, for premier league clubs sponsors arn't even on shirts in the game due to license issues anyway. As long as kits and sponsors represent the kit of the club at the time of game release then when these things change in a gaming environment sponsors suddenly become the focus of the gamer and hence advertise to us the buying public. So although AIG etc. would lose a deal with one club they would gain one at another at some point so on 2 occasions our attention via news items we would see sponsors advertising. Then playing games sponsors would be shown as part of kit again advertising to a captive audience. :)

It would be fun imo if club/shirt sponsors had names in FM09/10. Now obviously it's unlikely they would be real companies (although this could make money for SI) but just imagine a lower league club being sponsored by a local plumber company and a higher team sponsored by an eletrical goods company.

Im sure they wont cry if there not on FM09 shirts as long as there on the real shirts on a saturday afternoon :)..

Do you think part of samsung/chelsea contract was must appear on the shirts in ALL football games :D..

• SI Staff
Im sure they wont cry if there not on FM09 shirts as long as there on the real shirts on a saturday afternoon :)..

Do you think part of samsung/chelsea contract was must appear on the shirts in ALL football games :D..

I think you underestimate the complexity of the whole licensing procedures.

I doubt we would ever be able to do something like this, especially with licensed teams.

We can do all of this thanks to the dedicated programmer fans. With the FMM editor you can change strip colours, you can download excellent quality designed kits with chest advertising, and you can make your own - just go over to the graphics forum. With the fans doing all of this and making it available for free it gets SI out of any legal tangles and keeps the price of the game down. A big :thup: to the graphics gurus.

Would be cool if you got a choice of three kits every couple of seasons. Even if the sponsors can't change for issues of licensing, it would be ace if you could choose a slightly new design each time. I've heard some FIFA Manager horror stories where after two seasons liverpool play in a purple kit and the like, but I wouldn't have thought the same problems would exist with decent programmers.

I think you underestimate the complexity of the whole licensing procedures.

I doubt we would ever be able to do something like this, especially with licensed teams.

Hey Ter, have you been able to add at least badge and sponsor "boxes" to the kits this year?

Here's what I mean:

We know you can't have actual companies on there, but every sponsor badge has a particular shape - AIG for instance are in a big box in the middle of the shirt.

Last season betfair used a circle in the centre of the shirt.

Can you add these just to stop the default shirts looking bland?

I guess its probably not a big enough issue for you to concentrate on though, thinking about it :D

Archived