How accurate will the kits be in FM2009 in the 3D match engine

Presumably if you playing as, say, Newcastle your team will be wearing black and white striped shirts, black shorts and not some combination of black and white (eg. black shirts and white shorts)?

as long as SI can get liecenses i believe the shirts will be as realistic as possible

Licenses to depict kit colours, get real. They would only need licenses to show a true image of shirt/sponsor logo not just depict players to be wearing black and white shirts etc.

as long as SI can get liecenses i believe the shirts will be as realistic as possible

There aren't going to be sponsors or club badges, hence you don't need licenses.

Liverpool will play in red shirts, chelsea will play in blue shirts, newcastle will play in striped shirts etc etc etc - liverpool don't hold the rights to any "red" shirt, hence no license is needed :D

Something I forgot to mention before:

Will goalkeeper kits be accurately represented in FM09? Some teams already have the correct keeper kits e.g. Barcelona, but many teams used stock green / blue / black kits for their goalkeepers, despite their real world kit?

• SI Staff
Something I forgot to mention before:

Will goalkeeper kits be accurately represented in FM09? Some teams already have the correct keeper kits e.g. Barcelona, but many teams used stock green / blue / black kits for their goalkeepers, despite their real world kit?

If the researchers add the goalkeeper kit colours then they will be reflected in-game

Cheers Ter - one more thing though

Will the 3d players in the ME be wearing licensed kits where possible? And will the community be able to skin IRL kits to replace the generic ones unlicensed teams will presumably wear?

Cheers Ter - one more thing though

Will the 3d players in the ME be wearing licensed kits where possible? And will the community be able to skin IRL kits to replace the generic ones unlicensed teams will presumably wear?

Surely you can't zoom in close enough to see these things

From the distance of the camera on the Match Engine footage, there would be major differences between a plane shirt and one with sponsors, a club badge, correct trim and kit design (e.g. the weird green European shirt for Liverpool).

They better have hoops in it for real teams like QPR but also have the fake hoops for the likes of Reading too.

As a Reading fan I'm rather tired of having this arguement with QPR supporters. We were formed in 1871 and wore blue and white hoops in our first game in 1872. Granted we later moved to blue and white stripes for the first 38 years of the 20th century, but were the 'original' blue and white hooped team of english football.

QPR being formed in 1882 first played in a light blue, dark blue halved shirt and six years later reverted to a Celtic style green and white hoops. They didn't occupy a blue and white hooped shirt until 1927.

So there you have it, Reading are the original blue and white hooped team in england and you are the imposters. If anything you are the 'fake Celtic'.

Pleased to clear that one up!

As a Reading fan I'm rather tired of having this arguement with QPR supporters. We were formed in 1871 and wore blue and white hoops in our first game in 1872. Granted we later moved to blue and white stripes for the first 38 years of the 20th century, but were the 'original' blue and white hooped team of english football.

QPR being formed in 1882 first played in a light blue, dark blue halved shirt and six years later reverted to a Celtic style green and white hoops. They didn't occupy a blue and white hooped shirt until 1927.

So there you have it, Reading are the original blue and white hooped team in england and you are the imposters. If anything you are the 'fake Celtic'.

Pleased to clear that one up!

a fake celtic callled rangers

riggghttttttt

Archived