PDA

View Full Version : A query about regens

My Broken Metatarsal
25-09-2008, 03:13
I'm in 2013/2014 and sent out my scouts to see what the recent crop of regens are like, I got a report back of just 5 recommended players in England, 2 from Arsenal, 1 Liverpool, 1 Man Utd and 1 Chelsea, as this is my first time looking for good youth players I was wondering do all the good regens end up regenerating at the top clubs?, has anyone seen a Theo Walcott at Southampton? or even a Kevin Phillips at Baldock Town ? Surely the AI assigns regens randomly or is it based on the youth academy?

yankee_ram
25-09-2008, 03:33
It's partly based on the youth academy. The better it is the better your regens can be. I saw the regens for my Red Star Belgrade team get better as my academy got better.

Some Guy!
25-09-2008, 04:01
Well... I found the best young defender in the World at Queen of the South...

yankee_ram
25-09-2008, 04:21
I'm not saying that random regens don't happen at places with less then stellar youth academies but the tendency is to get better youth players the better your academy is, its not the rule however.

el sid
25-09-2008, 08:35
I ve always found good regens in "Hearts of Oak" , a club based in Ghana :D

laurencefishbone
25-09-2008, 09:55
Take the current England team for example (not world beaters, but still half decent players)

David James - Watford YA
Wes Brown - Man Utd YA
Ashley Cole - Arsenal YA
John Terry - Chelsea YA
Rio Ferdinand - West Ham YA
Joe Cole - West Ham YA
Steven Gerrard - Liverpool YA
Frank Lampard - West Ham YA
Wayne Rooney - Everton YA
Jermaine Defoe - Charlton YA
Theo Walcott - Southampton YA
Paul Robinson - Leeds YA
Gareth Barry - Brighton YA
David Bentley - Arsenal YA
David Beckham - Man Utd YA
Emile Heskey - Leicester YA
Michael Carrick - West Ham YA
Peter Crouch - Tottenham YA

Of all those, only Barry (and possibly Walcott) were not scouted and recruited by a team in the top division at the time.

rougess
25-09-2008, 10:14
in my experience, the big four have never produced that many decent regens, i've only ever signed 1 regen from man utd, and shortlisted a few at chelsea and arsenal, liverpool have never developed much worthwhile in my saves. in terms of premiership teams, i'd say i've signed the most regens from west ham, which mirrors life quite well imo
i've found that some of the better regens come from eastern europe, in my arsenal save i have about 4/5 players on loan getting work permits atm, all from serbia, turkey, israel, etc. had a few regens from france as well