Low English club to prem or low euro club to champions league?

I want to have one more decent lengthed game before FM09 comes out I am currently managing the team I support Sunderland but am having trouble dispatching Arsenal from the top of the league. So I am going to start again but am not sure what to do and was wondering if people could help me decide based on their experiances on FM. I took Crewe from league one to win the quad by the season 2017-2018, so was wondering if I should start in the lowest English league and try to build up to the prem as doing it just through 3 leagues was a great feeling when I finally won the league. Or do I start as say an Irish team or a team from Iceland or somewhere and try to take them on to champions league glory. On FM07 I had a game as ADESG a low league Brazilian team who I got to the second teir but couldnt make it to the top league then FM08 came out, so should I have a go as them again. I just cant decide. Help me pick out of these.

1 - Non league English team.

2 - Team from top league in a low rep country.

3 - A team from the lowest league in a low rep country.

4 - Try to complete what I couldnt do and play as ADESG with their mighty squad of 6 players and no wage budget at all.

I know it may sound dumb but I just cant decide. Also sorry if this should be in the good player and team guide, I wasnt sure what forum to put it in.

Thanks I have seen that before but I cant get used to not being able to see that players attributes I am not sure my skills at FM stretch far enough for me to be able to do it without seeing all the stats. Is it really as hard as it looks?

You could take up the idea of dafuge's challenge and play it by your own rules. Obviously if you did this you couldn't go bragging on here about how well you did in dafuge's challenge as you did not follow the rules. That would not stop you from using the idea to play a game, though.

You could take up the idea of dafuge's challenge and play it by your own rules. Obviously if you did this you couldn't go bragging on here about how well you did in dafuge's challenge as you did not follow the rules. That would not stop you from using the idea to play a game, though.

I was going to say the same. I like to start as a lower league manager but I don't agree with some of the LLM rules so I follow the ones I agree on and ignore the others. You just need to tailor your game to what you enjoy.

Does anyone else have trouble getting into a game with FM09 6 or 7 weeks away? I think thats my problem at the moment I might have a go at this challenge or the euro challenge of the same sort. Trying to get my girlfriend to play again and I can be the manager of the Belgium feeder club and train her youthies and non-EU players, trouble is I might advise her to buy only Brazilians who have no chance of a work permit.

Does anyone else have trouble getting into a game with FM09 6 or 7 weeks away? I think thats my problem at the moment I might have a go at this challenge or the euro challenge of the same sort. Trying to get my girlfriend to play again and I can be the manager of the Belgium feeder club and train her youthies and non-EU players, trouble is I might advise her to buy only Brazilians who have no chance of a work permit.

I haven't played FM in in a couple of months and before then I always starting new games as I just could not get interested into any type of game.

I like the Wimbledon idea.

Yeah, that is a team a lot of people use in dafuge's challenge as they usually get promoted after the first season.

If you're having trouble getting into a game because 09 is around the corner, try a short term game.

I recently lost the motivation to play FM because my long term game was getting too easy. So after a while of not playing it, I started with Middlesbrough last week, the idea is to get them to be PL winners by the time the 09 demo is out. I'm really enjoying it, even though I know 09 is coming!

Archived