International Management

Why, oh why is it that I get blasted by managers for not sticking to 45 min restrictions, and some of my players are not being subbed after 45 mins in friendlies? I told the media that I would choose when subs are made and I get a message saying that managers are complaining! :mad:

Yeah, sorry I didnt write it properly because I was so frustrated...

They can complain when I do it, but when other managers do it, I can't. :mad:

Ah, fair point. I don't pay much attention to this, so can't say i've noticed, but it is a bit unfair if you can't complain and the AI can.

Yeah, sorry I didnt write it properly because I was so frustrated...

They can complain when I do it, but when other managers do it, I can't. :mad:

Do AI managers do that? I thought AI manager always stuck to the 45 minute limit.

Do AI managers do that? I thought AI manager always stuck to the 45 minute limit.

Unfortunately not, in fact out of my 11 players that got called up for 1st team international friendlies (ie not U21, U19, etc...), just 3 players played 45 mins or less

are you confirming the 45 min selection before continuing?

because i kept forgetting to do that and was wondering why my players condition was low

until i realised what i done the next time it rolled around

It would be nice to complain if the AI international manager did not stick to my instructions for 45 mins. It does bug it a little. However, each AI manager is a little different (that's pretty obvious). For those that do not follow my instructions, I will make them pay by pulling my players out of friendlies in the future.

However, to sidetrack a little, but still on more or less the same topic. In the past, international managers could substitute the whole team during friendlies. So sticking to the 45 min thing was pretty much not so much of a constraint. Therefore, this 45 min thingy does come out in the press quite a bit and therefore, SI implemented it into the same. However, these days, since they could only make 6 substitutions in friendlies, obviously, the maths tells you that 5 players pretty much have to play 90 minutes. I think club managers are not stupid. They know that. Therefore, 45 minutes does not seem it is not so much a press issue anymore.

However, that said, it does seem at the business end of the season, for friendly games, we do see some international managers willing to accomodate their club counterparts by maybe simply not calling up players involve in title races, relegation fights, European qualification spots etc etc. So perhaps it might be a good addition that you could build a relationship with a club manager by accommodating his club commitments and maybe in turn, he can also be more sympathatic to your cause in the future with regards to players availability.

However, that said, it does seem at the business end of the season, for friendly games, we do see some international managers willing to accomodate their club counterparts by maybe simply not calling up players involve in title races, relegation fights, European qualification spots etc etc. So perhaps it might be a good addition that you could build a relationship with a club manager by accommodating his club commitments and maybe in turn, he can also be more sympathatic to your cause in the future with regards to players availability.

This is a good point.

It could be implemented in the future

I have had this problem as well, I had two players who I put 45 minute restrictions on yet the AI manager played them the full 90. I am not able to complain about but if I play a player more then 45 minutes the AI club managers throw a hissy fit. Why can't human managers complain about this yet AI managers can?

Archived