Has your club ever been in crisis? (Not including LLM's)

I'm just watching Newcastle and Spurs here in the Carling Cup.

It's a bit like watching paint dry to be honest.

I'm just wondering, have you even been in a crisis like these 2 clubs during your FM career?

I've had a few bumpy patches in my time but nothing on this scale, these 2 couldn't buy a win (there's a cliché). Have you ever been in charge of a "Big" club and have it all fall apart on you? And if you have, what does it say on the "Confidence" section during such a run? How long before you are sacked?

Any tale of woe is much appreciated... :D

For whatever the media and their fans may say, Spurs aren't in a crisis. Newcastle are in a bit of trouble though I feel (although they'll get out of it soon enough)

Try telling fans of teams like Luton, Rotherham, Southampton, Leeds etc that there's a crisis at Tottenham and they'll laugh.

Im 10 years into my current spurs game, in my first 6 years i did quiet good, qualifying for the Champs League 5 times out of the 6, and i finished 2nd 3 times, but in my 7th season, when i was expecting to challenge for the title, it jus fell apart, i was in the bottom half for most of the year, and i only just managed to scarp 8th and a Inter-Toto Cup place. I thought it was just a bad year and i should easily get a uefa cup place next year and hopefully back in the top 4, but in my 8th season i finished 8th again.

Maybe not a crisis, but definatley not good.

Managed to sort it out though finishing 5th the next year, and winning the Prem in my 10th season.

For whatever the media and their fans may say, Spurs aren't in a crisis. Newcastle are in a bit of trouble though I feel (although they'll get out of it soon enough)

Try telling fans of teams like Luton, Rotherham, Southampton, Leeds etc that there's a crisis at Tottenham and they'll laugh.

Fair enough, but I used tonight's match-up merely as an example of what I meant.

Form or Financial disaster throwing your game into disarray, and what happens in-game during such an event...

This kind of thing happened to me back on FM06.

Me and a mate were playing a game in Spain, I was Real Madrid and he was Valencia. In the first season I won the Champions League but finished a disappointing 4th in the league. The following 5 seasons saw me win 5 back-to-back league titles, and add another 2 Champions League titles to the trophy cabinet. Throughout this time I was buying top class players and trophies came easy.

Whilst I was enjoying my own success, my mate had been steadily building his squad, snapping up some of the best young players on the game, and moulding his side into world beaters. Barcelona had also rebuilt after hiring and firing 3 different managers in 6 seasons. I failed to notice all this going on around me as I was too busy basking in my own squads greatness rather paying attention to anything else. Season 7 came along, as did a period of 5 seasons without a league title for me.

My side fell apart, time had caught up with some players, others became unhappy wanting "a new challenge". My previous huge spending in building my awesome squad, and subsequent failures in the league and Europe (1 Champions League trophy in the 5 league title-less seasons), duruing seasons 7, 8, and 9, resulted in many of my top players been sold in seasons 10 and 11 to keep the club in a stable financial condition. I was still finishing in the top 4 each season, thus gaining entry into the Champions League, but the trophies had dried up. (Well, I won a couple of Spanish Cups, but they dont really show up on my radar).

Season 12 came around, and a side that was now unrecognisable to the one that won 6 titles in a row through seasons 2 and 7, finally regained the league title.

The crisis was finally over.

And Im still amazed and confused as to why I wasn't sacked. :confused:

Try telling fans of teams like Luton, Rotherham and Southampton that there's a crisis at Leeds and they'll laugh.

i once took fulham to the heady heights of about 7-8th each season, and we'd hold our own against pretty much any team, apart from the big four. then, towards the end of the 2011-2012 season, i had all four of them in a row, and lost three, drawing one. this had a massive impact and i failed to win subsequent matches against derby, southampton and a poor portsmouth. by the time i ended the drought against watford it was too late and managed a disappointing 12th. i just about managed to keep my job but i'd already received a near fatal blow to the ego

Try telling fans of teams like Luton, Rotherham and Southampton that there's a crisis at Leeds and they'll laugh.

That's just anymore tbh, they were a lot worse off at one oint than all these put together, and have fell further.

I took over Tromso in Norway about 5 years into the game. They'd just been relegated to the 1st Division, a division I easily gained promotion from because the team was way too good for that level of football. 1st season in the top flight and we finished 2nd, running the title winners close. Having adapted to the Premier Division I expected us to win the league the next season, but it all began to fall apart. As happens in leagues like Norway, any good player you get always wants to leave eventually, and so half the team wanted to leave.

Our form suffered, and in frustration I repeatedly lashed out at the players for bad performances, kept changing captain when the current one got mardy, and then attempted to have a squad revolution on the final day of the transfer window (which failed). I ended up resigning with the best team in Norway (on paper) languishing in mid-table and not being able to buy a win with a squad that had no confidence and was very unhappy. Definitely a major ****-up in my FM career. For the first time I'd gone beyond the point of no return and I felt had to resign.

Archived