Long term game - love it!!

ajc

I am just at the end of 2014 season with liverpool,just won league for the 6th time and 2nd champions league. I have seen some posts about regans ruin the long term game and i have noticed some of the stats should be better spread but for me I dont think they ruin it. Needs to be improved for 09 and I know they have looked at it. This is the best part of the game I love finding the stars of the future. Just got two players one is being compared to sol campbell and another who is said to be the new guti. On top of my double with liverpool have just guided brazil to world cup final and will play this tonight. I love this game and despite looking forward to 09 will find it hard to leave this save!!!

I wouldn't call the regens a 'show-stopper' personally but I could understand why others would. I got to 2034/5 in my longest 08 save, had top quality regens in terms of technical ability but the physical side let them down. Still enjoyed it though :)

I am on a real madrid save and in the same year as you (2014)... though it looks like my league trophy run is gonna end. Im second was 2 points behind barca but just lost a ridiculous game to celta(3-2) where they have 3 on target and scored i had about 15. lost in last min (i was goin all out attack after they equalised and paid for it) they scored 2 in last 5 mins :( (now 5 points behind with 22 games gone). I'm hopin to make a success of holland team in world cup at end of the season too. But i love this save. Also done well won a few champs leagues and lost em in final as well as spanish cup ive won that every year except once against valladolid in ET from a 30 yard screamer lol. Oh well. i'll bounce back next year.

2014 is not exactly "long term" to be honest...it's considerably longer term than I've managed in FM08, but plenty of people play for decades so some "show stoppers" or similar may only come to the fore quite a bit further down the line.

I've been playing my save game since ~February and am only 3½ seasons in so there's no danger of me reaching 2030!

congrats on being successful. why don't you try your hands at a lower league club and a less-accomplished nation and see if you can guide them to success.

has crossed my mind a few times - took dag and red to prmiership on an old champ man 01/02 i think but being a liverpool fan I always start with them and cant bring myself to leave!

2014 is not exactly "long term" to be honest...it's considerably longer term than I've managed in FM08, but plenty of people play for decades so some "show stoppers" or similar may only come to the fore quite a bit further down the line.

I've been playing my save game since ~February and am only 3½ seasons in so there's no danger of me reaching 2030!

I guess i its not but will keep going until the demo is out and tranfer over to 09 when its out but it will be hard to give this save up!

has crossed my mind a few times - took dag and red to prmiership on an old champ man 01/02 i think but being a liverpool fan I always start with them and cant bring myself to leave!

Same here.I always have to play Liverpool.I did play a game with Oxford and 4 seasons in Liverpool got relegated.I quit the game and started a new one with Liverpool.

Have you got any decent regans and how many make it into your starting 11,wish I could post some of mine but not sure how. Got any pics?

Same here.I always have to play Liverpool.I did play a game with Oxford and 4 seasons in Liverpool got relegated.I quit the game and started a new one with Liverpool.

How are you getting on with liverpool and how far are you in the game?

why not add a second manager as a lower league club? you could always send your promising youngsters from anfield to said club to give them 1st team experience.

I've got a game in 2017 as my beloved Hull!

Got promoted first season, won the title a few years later and been a top 10 team since, disappointed not to have maintained the top 4 though!!

But i've had a few good regens, mainly strikers but hey, hopefully we'll get a few more decent defensive regens!

why not add a second manager as a lower league club? you could always send your promising youngsters from anfield to said club to give them 1st team experience.

not a bad idea send all mine on loan to accrington stanley at the mo so could always take them over

Why haven't I ever done that...

Wouldn't that be cheating?

Or is it ok, as long as I don't tell anyone? :D

I consider it weird to have 2 managers but then its ok i guess its only cheating if your going to give them money by buying their awful players for loadsa money i guess. I am also going to continue with my Real madrid save till 09 comes out. I don't have any regens in my team yet.. ive mainly got people who are youngsters at the start of the game. But end of season i am going to move towards bringing through some regens for the future!

2014 isn't really long enough for you to notice the regen problems to be honest. I'm in 2031 with Gateshead and it this stage the problems are much more noticeable. For one I can't find a decent player who has a penalty taking attribute over 10. The there's the issue of physical attributes, almost all players have very low natural fitness and there are no players in my game now with both acceleration and pace of 18 or above. The same goes for strength, stamina and other physical attributes, all of them are very low.

The third problem is that player preffered moves no longer exist. Because tutoring is quite difficult to get right players do not pick up ppm's that well, especially when playing for AI controlled teams.

none of the above really stopped me enjoying the game since all players were affected in the same way so it evened itself out. However, it would still be a lot better if the quality of players didn't decrease over the years.

I consider it weird to have 2 managers but then its ok i guess its only cheating if your going to give them money by buying their awful players for loadsa money i guess. I am also going to continue with my Real madrid save till 09 comes out. I don't have any regens in my team yet.. ive mainly got people who are youngsters at the start of the game. But end of season i am going to move towards bringing through some regens for the future!

Nothing better than bringing the talent up the ranks,i tend to buy most of mine by scouting for players with max age of 21 I do this every pre season and send each scout to a differant region. 2 of my regans evan made it into my brazil world cup squad! one is at liverpool now the other is on loan waiting to get his wp will get it next season so will be in my first team squad once he does!

2014 isn't really long enough for you to notice the regen problems to be honest. I'm in 2031 with Gateshead and it this stage the problems are much more noticeable. For one I can't find a decent player who has a penalty taking attribute over 10. The there's the issue of physical attributes, almost all players have very low natural fitness and there are no players in my game now with both acceleration and pace of 18 or above. The same goes for strength, stamina and other physical attributes, all of them are very low.

The third problem is that player preffered moves no longer exist. Because tutoring is quite difficult to get right players do not pick up ppm's that well, especially when playing for AI controlled teams.

none of the above really stopped me enjoying the game since all players were affected in the same way so it evened itself out. However, it would still be a lot better if the quality of players didn't decrease over the years.

Thats what I hoped for but should be fixed for 09 so I bring it on! Glad it has not ruined your game!

I have a young keeper i brought through as sub keeper but thats it. I have scouted for young talent from around the globe but my scouts only bring me 1 or 2 players and theyre not amazingly good lol. My scouts are good aswell so thats not the reason. I have just got a few more i guess. probs best to scour the U18s of various nations. Still loving my game though!

I have a young keeper i brought through as sub keeper but thats it. I have scouted for young talent from around the globe but my scouts only bring me 1 or 2 players and theyre not amazingly good lol. My scouts are good aswell so thats not the reason. I have just got a few more i guess. probs best to scour the U18s of various nations. Still loving my game though!

What year are you in,i have only started to see a load of them in 2013/14 before that I could only find one or 2. Looking at under 18 and 21's for top nation is a good way thats how I found david barragan who is said to be the new guti. Not sure how good he will be yet but only cost 4.6 million so hope he will go onto great things. His stats look great already!

What year are you in,i have only started to see a load of them in 2013/14 before that I could only find one or 2. Looking at under 18 and 21's for top nation is a good way thats how I found david barragan who is said to be the new guti. Not sure how good he will be yet but only cost 4.6 million so hope he will go onto great things. His stats look great already!

Sorry you did say in your earlier post 2014.

I am on a real madrid save and in the same year as you (2014)

Yeah i have a few promising players in dutch side that i might sign lol and i will continue to look into other nations in order to prolong my save! Still 6 Weeks to go! thats about 42 hours more of gameplay as i play about an hour a day! Wonder how far that'll get me!

What if your two sides get each other in the cup how strange would that be!

Once I had a save in an earlier version, where I used Huddersfield as an unofficial feeder for Man Utd. I eventually got them to the Premier League, and after a long time, both my teams were the top 2. Very irritating, really, KNOWING that you are bound to lose one way or another.

Yeah i have a few promising players in dutch side that i might sign lol and i will continue to look into other nations in order to prolong my save! Still 6 Weeks to go! thats about 42 hours more of gameplay as i play about an hour a day! Wonder how far that'll get me!

Did the same as brazil manager got all the best young talent from brazil being there manager aswell. Hope england come in for me after the world cup as I knocked them out in the qurter final so think they may give stuart pearce the boot and come in for me - with a bit of luck as a world cup winner.

I'm lookin to be a success with holland at world cup but don't expect to win it lol! I would definately try to get the france job if it became available as that idiot domenech is still france manager even though he hasn't taken them anywhere! This is because my mum is french so ingame my second nationality is french would like to do that, Otherwise yeah i would like to be brazil manager i joined holland and about 3 weeks later brazil job was available but i didnt wanna risk it. (resigning from holland to be brazil then getting turned down as spain for some reason had previously turned me down in favour of someone spanish)

3rd season with liverpool, one 2prems an the carling cup.Got Messi, Silva, Tevez on a free,the argentinian from atletico madrid (striker) can't spell his name.Keeps me entertained till november.I can't play anything below premiership, i like the razz matazz to much

My longest term game has been with Crewe I won the quad with them in 2018-2019 I think and only wont he league for the first time in 2017 mainly being careful with the finances. I have some great regen but the bad part is the two best are approaching their 30th birthdays in the next 2 years and despite winning the quad two of the others want to go to Arsenal god damn them. It is great to take the team I go to watch from a 12k stadium to a 45k all seater super stadium and a decent financial base. The best thing is the first proper game I played was a 2-1 lose at home to Yeovil and the last a 2-0 champions league final win over Valencia, great how things turn out sometimes.

I'm lookin to be a success with holland at world cup but don't expect to win it lol! I would definately try to get the france job if it became available as that idiot domenech is still france manager even though he hasn't taken them anywhere! This is because my mum is french so ingame my second nationality is french would like to do that, Otherwise yeah i would like to be brazil manager i joined holland and about 3 weeks later brazil job was available but i didnt wanna risk it. (resigning from holland to be brazil then getting turned down as spain for some reason had previously turned me down in favour of someone spanish)

Won world cup on penalties denthino scored first for me now looking to get him from barca but will cost me 22 mil. Spain then scored in the 92nd minute bojan after i domminated the game. When it went to penalties i thought it was over as one of my takers had 11 and denthino had 7 for pens so I put them 4th and 5th to take them. Mata hit the post with there 2nd pen and my lads bang all mine in what a trebble for the season prem,champ league and world cup. Am sticking with brazil as england has not come up,did toy with argentina job but want to defend copa america and world cup if england does not come up in the next four years. I love this game!

I am just at the end of 2014 season with liverpool,just won league for the 6th time and 2nd champions league. I have seen some posts about regans ruin the long term game and i have noticed some of the stats should be better spread but for me I dont think they ruin it. Needs to be improved for 09 and I know they have looked at it. This is the best part of the game I love finding the stars of the future. Just got two players one is being compared to sol campbell and another who is said to be the new guti. On top of my double with liverpool have just guided brazil to world cup final and will play this tonight. I love this game and despite looking forward to 09 will find it hard to leave this save!!!

Nice one!!

2014 was about the time that my Liverpool board was tookover and the new chairman sacked me, even though I was as succesfull as you. I went straight to Juventus!

Won world cup on penalties denthino scored first for me now looking to get him from barca but will cost me 22 mil. Spain then scored in the 92nd minute bojan after i domminated the game. When it went to penalties i thought it was over as one of my takers had 11 and denthino had 7 for pens so I put them 4th and 5th to take them. Mata hit the post with there 2nd pen and my lads bang all mine in what a trebble for the season prem,champ league and world cup. Am sticking with brazil as england has not come up,did toy with argentina job but want to defend copa america and world cup if england does not come up in the next four years. I love this game!

well done mate.

Nice one!!

2014 was about the time that my Liverpool board was tookover and the new chairman sacked me, even though I was as succesfull as you. I went straight to Juventus!

Would be devastated if this did happen but am sure I could get another top job and would buy all the best liverpool players

Would be devastated if this did happen but am sure I could get another top job and would buy all the best liverpool players

I was at first, but i moved on and did try and buy all my best players. Only problem was that Liverpool was such a good club alot of them thought a career move to Italy wouldn't be a good idea!

I wish i could enjoy a long term game like you do, but i really cant stand for world class defenders with jumping 10; striker with off the ball 5; GK with agility 5; Midfielder with stamina 8.....

And not to mention the set pieces bug, which you can hardly find any regen with penalty taking above 10.

I wish i could enjoy a long term game like you do, but i really cant stand for world class defenders with jumping 10; striker with off the ball 5; GK with agility 5; Midfielder with stamina 8.....

And not to mention the set pieces bug, which you can hardly find any regen with penalty taking above 10.

Cant say I have noticed this yet most regan seem of a good standard and have some who are looking fantastic. Have just started 2015 season

Archived