Away Match Support Influences Results

Watching a Sky Sport News feature regarding the best and worst teams with away support I think this should / could be reflected in game better in terms of a team's performance on the road.

I would imagine this would be a combination of game engine and away support details in the database.

Its no surprise that Pompey in the Premier have in the Sky survey been identfied as the team with the best away support for last season, this may will be over several seasons. When matched with the fact Pompey had the best or one of best away game wins / results should prove how effective this is and perhaps should be included in the game

What do people think?

No comments on Mad John Westwood though ;)

I've always felt it would be nice to know some statistics on home vs away support and for it to be worked properly. I remember in a past version managing a team in Norwegian Division 2 and our attendance would drop to some piddling amount if we were playing some other club's 2nd team. Obviously the away support here should be low, but it shouldn't have affected my team's home support all that much!

I guess statistics for this are readily available for big leagues, but it would have to be properly implemented to work in small leagues too without introducing some massive imbalance - some of us are so tactically inept that we keep losing away games as it is!

I thought it was saying their support was the best as they have the furthest distance to travel over a season? Not that they were the best fans.

Think they might bring more the Hull this season that the last time they came.

Would love away fans attendaces to be incorporated somewhere in a future edition of the game

I thought it was saying their support was the best as they have the furthest distance to travel over a season? Not that they were the best fans.

Think they might bring more the Hull this season that the last time they came.

Would love away fans attendaces to be incorporated somewhere in a future edition of the game

I think you are right but they have been voted the best away fans in the premier I think 2 seasons running by opposition home fans :)

Glamding - I suppose you could base these on current figures and have the database reflect this. The key is for the game engine to accurately reflect this in terms of away game support.

If you never win away then its obviously your tactics ;)

Archived