Why are my players losing value?

Hey guys, just a quick question.

Why are my players losing value despite the fact most of them are around the age of 20.

Im Glasgow Rangers and ive got Banega, Arshavin, Lulinha and Thiago (those are my 4 hot prospects whos value are deteriorating)

Banega is currently worth £3m at the age of 20, however it is beginning to slump in the region of £2.7m.

How so? Is there any way to either make my players increase their value quicker or will it just take time for me to eventually reap the rewards?

Much appreciated.:thup:

League reputation plays a big impact. Also if you sign a player for an inflated price it will naturally level out to a more realistic value over time. A lot does seem to depend on performances though at a young age. I signed a talented young AMC for Hibernian for £1 million and his value quickly dropped below that, but then began to rise quickly and was ~£4.5 million some 6 months later after a serious of blistering performances.

Are you playing them all regularly? It's the thing that has a bigger impact for me (appart from them getting old, if they're 29+ or so).

If they don't usually play, or they don't put up good performances, their value tends to decrease, just like in real life. On the other hand, if you have a class striker who can't stop making great performances, his value can keep increasing every month.

Also, what glamdring said:

If you sign a player for X value, he will always be valued at X just after you sign him. However, if he's not really that good (you overpayed form him), his value will begin to quickly decrease until it reaches a more 'real' value, and then it could stay there.

In other words: if a player is valued a 1m and you sign him for 5m, don't expect to sell him for more than 1m, because the AI teams know his real value.

Dont worry about it. The value in FM is just a useless number. It doesnt represent the players value in any way. Unless of course you are playing an older version of the game where they still used values that made some sense.

Dont worry about it. The value in FM is just a useless number. It doesnt represent the players value in any way. Unless of course you are playing an older version of the game where they still used values that made some sense.

The value affects how much you can sell them for.

Theoretically...although I adopt the same attitude as the AI on that front. Juventus seem to think that a £23 million bid is sufficient (well actually it wasn't £23 million, just some pile of clauses, future payments and all that tripe that the game claims to be a £23 million bid!) to sign my £12.75 million rated Sebastian Giovinco whom I paid them £16 million for 2 years ago...in good AI-style I demanded £40 million plus all the same plethora of future payments they were already offering, assuming they'd run away and leave me alone, which they did :) They shouldn't have sold him to us in the first place if they didn't want to lose him!

Theoretically...although I adopt the same attitude as the AI on that front. Juventus seem to think that a £23 million bid is sufficient (well actually it wasn't £23 million, just some pile of clauses, future payments and all that tripe that the game claims to be a £23 million bid!) to sign my £12.75 million rated Sebastian Giovinco whom I paid them £16 million for 2 years ago...in good AI-style I demanded £40 million plus all the same plethora of future payments they were already offering, assuming they'd run away and leave me alone, which they did :) They shouldn't have sold him to us in the first place if they didn't want to lose him!

So he was right then, they wouldnt pay you what he was worth.

If the game is further undervaluing your players then you will never get good offers or worse, your chairman will accept a derisory offer because he thinks its a great offer when its half the players true value.

Well, "worth" is dependant on the individual really. I don't know what he's worth in general, but he's a player I like a lot and I prefer to keep hold of the players I like rather than sell them for lots of money and have to go through the fuss of trying to replace them.

nonsense..I constantly sell players for many many many times the value the game assigns them. On the other hand i have players worth millions and cant even give them away for free.

nonsense..I constantly sell players for many many many times the value the game assigns them. On the other hand i have players worth millions and cant even give them away for free.

Sure you can sell players over their value but most of the time, bids will come in around their value and mostly end when you ask for more.

The player values are an indication of their ability to succeed in a particular league without the need for scouting them, especially if they are younger than 21. If they are older than 21, they also are a great indicator of what league they are willing to play in too and you can use them to find good deals on the transfer market. It saves a lot of time with scouting, especially when you are in a league below the league in which the player is currently playing.

What I have noticed when I buy players for Rangers is that their value drops but eventually the value will go up with good performances so just give it time and the value will improve. I also see this happening when I offer players new contracts.

Archived