Bravery Stat

Off the top of my head I can only think of tutoring, are they being mentored by a coward?

Apart from that I have never seen it.

That's what I would have thought too, but they are first teamers who are too old for tutoring. They have lost a few matches recently, not sure if that would have an affect?

Nah. If it were to visibly drop after two losses, it would be more likely to fluctuate in the same ratio as morale. I've certainly never noticed that happening.

The only suggestion I can think to make, would be to have them play in front of your largest crowds for the last 15 minutes or so, of every game for a month. If you don't get a boost from that, try starting them for a half every match in those same sized crowds.

Which club are you at, and how high is your coaches' mental training ability?

Nah. If it were to visibly drop after two losses, it would be more likely to fluctuate in the same ratio as morale. I've certainly never noticed that happening.

The only suggestion I can think to make, would be to have them play in front of your largest crowds for the last 15 minutes or so, of every game for a month. If you don't get a boost from that, try starting them for a half every match in those same sized crowds.

Which club are you at, and how high is your coaches' mental training ability?

Ok, I will give it a go. I'm Burton and not sure about the coach stats off the top of my head, will check it this eve - thanks for he suggestions.

Can I assume from this, then, that coaches/training can have an effect on bravery?

Can I assume from this, then, that coaches/training can have an effect on bravery?

Actually, I was asking out of curiosity since I don't think I've ever seen a player's bravery stat go down... even in conference saves, where players will be under horrible coaches for anywhere up to 12 months.

It seems strange to think that someone could become more cowardly as they get more game time... especially if they were regulars at a reasonably large club. One would like to think it doesn't happen in the game, but on the flip side, there has to be a process in which we can hasten that particular mental trait's growth.

Following on from that, I would suggest that you invest in a coach with very high Mental training abilities.

I read somewhere (a thread I created) that people told me that the mental coaching doesnt matter with coaches. Neither does their Determination, Man Management & Discipline. Those things only matters for Assistants (they told me)

Bravery is one of several non-trainable attributes

But if your training regime is affecting it then it's in an indirect manner.

If your player is near/at his potential ability then for him to gain Mental improvements (due to increase in age) his Technical/Physical areas will be adjusted downwards, however if your training regime is compensating for this shift in ability spread it may be causing what your seeing.

I'm not saying this IS what is happening, but it's the only explanation i can see from the data you have given so far.

Bravery is one of several non-trainable attributes

But if your training regime is affecting it then it's in an indirect manner.

If your player is near/at his potential ability then for him to gain Mental improvements (due to increase in age) his Technical/Physical areas will be adjusted downwards, however if your training regime is compensating for this shift in ability spread it may be causing what your seeing.

I'm not saying this IS what is happening, but it's the only explanation i can see from the data you have given so far.

I hadn't thought of that - it is definitely something worth considering. It is quite early in the game, and the coaching staff were pretty poor though - I'm not sure this environment would enable the players to be at their full potential.

However I am aware that players don't improve much after a certain age - could they have reached a ceiling in their development even though they are not at their PA? Is that how it works? If so, then training in some areas could force the untrainable stats down?

Archived