Release date

Hi!

Just realized that FM2009 comes out ONE day after Wolrd of Warcraft have released thier exspasion.

I mean, they have sold more than 10 million games. Is it wise to 'compete' with them?

Or do you guys think that people who play FM2009 doesn't play World of Warcraft?

Well, I'm going to buy both games. But with not so much 'playtime' a week I have to drop FM-live. Just havn't got time for more than FM2009 and WOW...

Yeah it's 2 different genre's. Even if you had people that are fans of both games, they would likely

(a) Buy both on release day

(b) Buy one on release day and buy the other later

© Buy both of them sometime after release day

Whichever option SI are going to get money from it at some stage, unless the person isn't interested in buying FM anymore..

It would be more of an issue if two Football management games came out in close succession as it would be direct competition.

Thanks for raising this.

I'm going to recommend we delay until next year now...;)

Joking - there's only so much we can do about it to be honest - when we announced they hadn't, so there wasn't any way to know. I think it's fair to say it's not ideal but I think our fans would prefer it if we were in store so they can make a choice if they need to...

I don't really think you can put Wow in FM in the same category to compare them. Wow is wow, FM is a million miles away in terms of what thte game is. Ie Jumping around as an Elf to Managing Rangers and spanking Celtic 4-2 at their own park.

People who play wow will buy wow. People who play FM will buy FM. People who play both will buy both.

If it was CM Vs FM, or Fifa Vs PES then yeah.

I was only putting the 2 games together because they are both great games.

And both games sell a lot of copies.

I was just worried that maybe this time, sale wouldn't go as quickly as it use to. Think of the young players. Maybe they are only allowed to get ONE game a month!

I hope FM2009 will do record sale. I'm doing my bit ;-)

Archived