fm09

CAMMYF

what ive always wanted in FM is when you have agreed a pre contract with someone in January you're able to agree a fee lower than his value to take him there and then, like happens in real life.

You can do this with a transfer fee.

I think he means after agreeing the contract for the player. You can't then negotiate a transfer for a player with a club after he's agreed to sign on a free at a later date.

Yeah but if you want him straight away, why not just do it through a transfer fee?

Also, can you do that IRL? If you already have a contract starting on 1 July then I'm not sure you can change it that easily.

No. We don't even know how it works IRL. Until we have a proper RL precedent, then it wont be in FM.

You say that but Steven Appiah has bought out his contract hasn't he?

I know it's only one person but it's happened and is more likely to happen in the future. Therefore this idea should not be implemented into the game until it's happened frequently.

Apologies if I'm wrong about Appiah

You say that but Steven Appiah has bought out his contract hasn't he?

I know it's only one person but it's happened and is more likely to happen in the future. Therefore this idea should not be implemented into the game until it's happened frequently.

Apologies if I'm wrong about Appiah

Has he?

Haven't heard anything about it. I heard someone was about to do it but never heard anything more, wasn't Appiah though.

I'm sure someone will correct us :D

Personally, I think this is definetley something for the future, as, like the bosman ruling, it will most probably become more frequent. At the moment though, it's not happened too often and little is known as to how exactly it works, so it's probably shouldn't be included in the game just yet, but as it becomes more common, then it will be a must.

Has he?

Haven't heard anything about it. I heard someone was about to do it but never heard anything more, wasn't Appiah though.

I'm sure someone will correct us :D

I'm sure he has.

I'm sure Appiah brought his own contract out.
It was rumoured that Wenger would move for the midfielder when he was at Juventus, with Appiah suggesting at the time that he had "50% reached an agreement with Arsenal." He ended up moving to Fenerbahce, where he won the League. He rescinded his contract a couple of months ago because of the botched up knee surgery done on the advice of the club's medical staff.

Andy Webster was the first person to buy out his contract in the last year of it when he left Hearts, it is definetely a rule so will probably be implemented in future games.

But yes i did mean after you've agreed a contract with them you can arrange a fee, it would be more realistic. It happens all the time. Shaun Maloney agreed a pre contract with Aston Villa in January and signed him for £1m on deadline day rather than waiting til the summer, and it happens quite a lot in Scotland, not sure about England.

Archived