Anyone going Man City

CAMMYF

I will. Loads of money, sure, but with a low rep it will be hard to attract players at first. I'll probably just sign a left back and see how well I do. Maybe a GK, maybe a striker, maybe a right back, maybe a DM, but only when I've got the rep up a bit. It's different.

the problem that man city put forward for fm09 is that the chairman has come out and said that mark hughes will be given time, freedom and financial backing - which if put in the game will make it ridiculously easy.

i saw someone posted on a similar thread that they'd prefer the challenge of stopping man city - which tbh i find more interesting too

Certainly, the prospect of such vast amounts of money can easily be a turn-off. Perhaps it would be more of a challange though, if you had another approach to the game instead of just buying all the best players in the world (which I think wouldn't be possible anyway). Man C has a pretty youth academy, so playing the game without spending all the money and still earn success would be more fun. I do agree, however, that there are more exciting teams to manage.

Palermo for example. :)

The latter two could also apply to our beloved United too, buddy.

United don't have much transfer money on 08 and they have a 650m loan to pay back

They are constantly expected to win everything, which when playing without cheating and signing young -9 and -10 players (thanks to the good players forum), isn't as easy as half the people on here make out

United don't have much transfer money on 08 and they have a 650m loan to pay back

They are constantly expected to win everything, which when playing without cheating and signing young -9 and -10 players (thanks to the good players forum), isn't as easy as half the people on here make out

Fair points. :thup:

I'll give it a try for sure. About the game getting boring, yes it will get boring. But to me after 5 or 6 seasons the game always gets boring. And no, not because of buying the best players, winning, getting promoted or losing. Simply because it becomes an alien world to me.

i Think you lot are being a tad hard. if you take on the man city job, there still be challenges! 1)attract the players to the club(depending on the teams reputation and other offers? (they may prefer to join arsenal, liverpool, man utd, hartlepool etc) 2) cracking the dominance of the big 4 and getting the results straight away. 3) sustaining the euro challenge. 4) what will your reputation be? will you start as an unknown at city or as a retired international. 5) keeping your team of internationals happy, whilst offers from milan, madrid come in. so i think they'll still be a bit to do.

So winning 21 trophies in 3 seasons using the WeeGiE patch was a pretty good achievement then I guess? lol

im a man city so i cant wait to try it this year, will be very different to the past, when we have had an average side with little ambition(except 08). As for all the money, its doesnt matter how much money u have its who u buy really that matters, (Ranieri at Chelsea?). so i personally cant wait to mix Sturridge with Robinho and be able to bring on Jo at half time, sounds like good times ahead at Eastlands :)

There are four minus nines and at least one (possibily 2, I'm not sure if the second one has a set PA) -10, at United at the start of the game. That's without considering the already world class players like Ronaldo, Tevez, Scholes, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra and VDS.

I think it will be a more difficult challenge than people expect. The board want Champions League this season, I am lead to believe. They may have money but will they attract the best quality player? I am not too sure but we will find out in January.

im having trouble editing man city in my game.i put their balance to 500m and transfer budjet to 300m and it keeps reseting every time i go to play the game.any1 know what im doin wrong?please help

Max is £200m budget and a £150m transfer budget iirc in the editor.

I can't imagine SI giving Man City 100's of Millions as a transfer budget at the beginning of the game on '09.

Chelsea have never had that much (in the game) have they? And they're owned by a Billionaire too...

But to answer the OP - No, I'll not be going near them.

Yeah that was what I was going to suggest but if you put too much money in the balance the money will be put into an investment fund.

Yeah, that happens as the game will not allow you to go over approximately £2billion. If you do you will have a bank balance of approximately -£2billion. That is there to stop this from happening.

Archived