Please SI - Show us how to calculate CA!

Whether by giving us the actual formula, or a tool where you input the positions, attributes and it gives you an output of CA!

Im so very tired of having to guess CA when editing players, and if Im wrong, the whole thing gets messed up.

Please SI?

I understand what you want, but I don't think there's any chance of SI revealing the formulas involved. It's also not a straight forward calculation.

That's because it can take the CA numbers from in game.

The OP wants to be able to calculate CA so you can see the effects of different positions and foot prowess on CA. Also being able to change certain stats using FMM and being able appropriately adjust the CA instead of guessing.

He wants to be able to tell when he creates a player in the editor what CA he needs to be given. The editor could work this out for us, like it does for the researchers. Fill in the attributes= what CA does the player need to give him those attributes?

He doesn't want to be able to see a player's CA whilst playing (because that is pointless).

He wants to be able to tell when he creates a player in the editor what CA he needs to be given. The editor could work this out for us, like it does for the researchers. Fill in the attributes= what CA does the player need to give him those attributes?

He doesn't want to be able to see a player's CA whilst playing (because that is pointless).

Exactly

• 3 years later...

There's no need to tell us the formula - as SCIAG says, the editor should work it out automatically. Maybe something like a button next to the CA field called 'Calculate From Attributes', which just updates the players CA based on his current positions/attributes?

yeah, I would like to make at 2001/2002 database, but I have one big problem. Because when I look at the players in CM 01/02 and copy them into Fm12, it is not the same CA system, some the editor f*** the players totally up. I just can´t figure the CA out. :confused:

There's no need to tell us the formula - as SCIAG says, the editor should work it out automatically. Maybe something like a button next to the CA field called 'Calculate From Attributes', which just updates the players CA based on his current positions/attributes?

I agree, I do not need to know the formula, I just want to make some players accurate in the editor

I created a premier league legends database on FM07 and a calculate CA from attributes button would have been invaluable.

Instead I had to fill in the attributes guess a CA, value start a game check the players in game attributes, go back in to the editor and modify my guess then start another game and so on until I got the CA right.

Who dug this up?

I'd have though the calculations are not only complex but important confidential data. We're not even supposed to know about CA - it's all under the hood, so why the heck should SI release that information?

It's about revealing the CA of a player in the editor, so that when attributes change, the CA goes up or down.

That way you don't have to worry about the game rebalancing the player because the CA and attributes don't match in the editor.

The CA formula doesn't have to be revealed.

But anyone with competent maths could work it out pretty quickly if it was that easy.

It's already been pretty much worked out, though there's no guarantee it's accurate. For practical purposes, the info available in the editor's hideaway is as good as it's going to get.

Archived