Managers Contract Offer

What's the longest you've had left on your contract before being offered a new one? I only ask as I've got a year to go but my board offered me a new contract.

I rejected this as they wanted my newly promoted side to establish itself in the Division in 2 years. As it stands at the moment my boards objectives are still at "Establish the club in the lower division".

I love a bit of negotiating on the contract, the board always seem open to it. I once got a 5 year badboy when I made Spurs champions league winners....I never see the point of asking for a lot of money though...surley this only takes away from the money you can spend on players??

In future games they should place some more importance on earning money...if not its just pointless engotiating your contract?

I love a bit of negotiating on the contract, the board always seem open to it. I once got a 5 year badboy when I made Spurs champions league winners....I never see the point of asking for a lot of money though...surley this only takes away from the money you can spend on players??

In future games they should place some more importance on earning money...if not its just pointless engotiating your contract?

Gives you job security.

In general, contract offers in FM 2008 seem to come much later in 2006 or 2007. It seems to me that in earlier versions, if you were doing well, the board would offer you a contract with 6 months or so to go on the old one. However, in FM 2008, with several teams in various leagues i seem to get down to the final month with the media already speculating that I'm not going to be offered a contract before the renewal arrives. Asking the board for a new contract doesn't seem to speed the process along either. You'll get a message saying they are considering it, but then no action until the end of the season anyways.

As far as wages and length of contract goes, I really don't care what they offer me, and if I want to stay at the club I don't even bother trying to negotiate. In previous versions, my main goal of contract negotiations was to force through club improvements (which the board otherwise love to ignore). I'd be willing to take a pay cut and agree to a long term deal....just please improve my training facilities! Unfortunately, this has been removed in favor of the option to change wage/transfer budgets (which I can already do myself) which is not near as useful (though probably more realistic).

Rangers. and yes it was it expired 6th June and i requested a new contract on 6th May and they returned saying somthing along the lines of we are looking into that as a possibility. 5th of June i finally got the offer, wasnt happy with it but only had 1 day to accept, maybe why.

Archived