Debt

Teams like man u have debt at the begginning in the first place... i am now in 2011 with lots of money going spare. How do i actually get rid of that debt?

You can't I'm afraid - it'll just get paid off over it's natural course.

the amount of debt utd are in makes it doubtful that they'll pay it off. in my arsenal save i have 725M in the bank, 176M debt and they haven't paid it off!

the only time i've had a debt paid off is with fulham, and that was only 20M, and a chairman loan, which might be why they paid it off

You can't persuade the board to pay off their debt any earlier unfortunately. This is a shame because I've read posts by a lot of people saying that both Manchester United and Liverpool subsequently get relegated in a lot of games because of this problem.

This is one of the areas that I'm interested in seeing what they've done with in FM 2009. I'd be surprised if they added an option to suggest that the board pay down the debt, as that is really not up to the manager.

However, with the whole financial system being reworked, I do think debt is going to play a larger role at some clubs. If money is going to be overall harder to come by (players won't be bought or sold for near as stupid money), and the financial situation of some clubs stays the same, there is going to be some popular clubs in a whole lot of trouble in FM 2009.

surely this is a future suggestion then? in the board room screen, 'request board pay off loan' or something.

I don't think so. Surely a thing like club debt and the possibility of clearing it early would be a decision made solely by the Chairman and the board of directors and the manager would have no say in these things.

I don't think so. Surely a thing like club debt and the possibility of clearing it early would be a decision made solely by the Chairman and the board of directors and the manager would have no say in these things.

I agree. I think that the code just needs tweaking so that they are more aware of being able to pay it off.

I think you'll find that quite often the party that loaned the money in the first instance won't want it paid off early - because then they lose out on millions of pounds of interest payments. Mind you there are some that you can pay off with an agreed interest payment, but I suppose that is by the by.

J

actually....thers nothin you can do about man utd debt..i used to manage them..and the debt..was quite fraustartin..imagine losing 56mil in one season cause of debts..your jus gonna have to deal with it..and in the end..the club's gonna go into receivership

Not true. You can still do well but it is obviously harder. Just don't overspend and as long as you win the odd competition and qualify for the Champions League then you should be fine.

Also Man United have a loan of around £600m and pay around £5m per month for around 240 months and that works out much more than the original sum due to the interest payments. They must pay back the interest as well as the amount you see in finances.

Archived