Basque Bilbao

I just started a save with Athletic Bilbao, only to find I couldn't sign non basque players, when I do, a note saying this comes up: 'Athletic are not allowed to sign non Basque players.'

Has anybody else noticed this??

bilbao only have players from the basque region. Athletic only signs professional players native to one of the seven Basque provinces: Biscay, Guipúzcoa, Álava and Navarre in Spain and Labourd, Soule and Lower Navarre in France.

I just started a save with Athletic Bilbao, only to find I couldn't sign non basque players, when I do, a note saying this comes up: 'Athletic are not allowed to sign non Basque players.'

Has anybody else noticed this??

take a look at this there are other teams around the world that run the same policy...from the part where it says "a local team for local people"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/mar/15/theknowledge.sport

Heres my first season

Games played-40

Won-18

Drawn-8

Lost-14

Goals Scored-54

Goals Conceded-47

Final League position 5th-1pt away from gettin champions league.

Got Knocked out 2-1 on agg in spanish cup 4th round by Betis

Good season as the expectations were to avoid relegation.

Yeah, just read up on that. Apparently, the countries that aren't recognised as a soveriegn state are members of a temporary group, the N.F. Board. Temporary meaning until they get FIFA membership. The NF Board holds a "VIVA World Cup" amonst its members.

So, basically, it's a "mini-me" for FIFA :D

Wow...there are some pretty decent players with 'caps' for Basque Country. Del Horno and Mendieta to name a couple. The Basque thing has always intrigued me with Bilbao. I really should get a game going with them on the next FM

First season brought Gari-2m,Mikel Alonso 1.8m,Del Horno 1.7m, Mendieta And Serran on free.

Sold Pablo Orbaiz 3.8m,Aitor Ocio 700k,Garmendia 4m.

Season 2 signedGorka larrea and Aaron Niguez Both on free transfers, Just promoted a few players from 'b' team.

Sold-Iban Zubiaurre-1.7m,Joeba Etxeberria 675k,Del Olmo 325k,Urko 575k.

Archived