My AM is facing the sack!

Neji

I don't usually holiday games but in my latest game I've done it for a few games. I leave my AM to use my tactics and my team selection. He did this perfectly last season but this season he is ignoring me.

He uses my tactics but he keeps putting in his own players even though the others are fit and eligible. Why? I'm confused because he didn't do this last season yet this season he has ignored me on three out of three occasions.

How did I know someone was going to say this?

Because you're in GQ.

I honestly never check after the match I holiday, so I'm unsure how to help.

How different players does he play, are they out position, or significantly worse than the ones you should be playing there?

Has it affected your results at all?

Because you're in GQ.

Haha, good point :D

All in the proper position. Some are of the same standard and some are much lower. He played my 17 year old striker against Villa who are a good team but I have four fit strikers all much better than him. ie Bianchi, Pongolle, Saviola and Alfaro. I can solve that by putting him back into the u18's.

I'm not really that bothered by this anyway, its only a mess about game until I can get my hands on another game (I wont mention as it will go off topic :D ) but I was just confused as he was doing as I said before but now he justs does as he pleases.

Oh, and results aren't too bad. I've only done it three times this season, one win and two draws. Not the end of the world.

i'm always amazed and confused at what the ass men do while i take a vacation. strange picks (and, for some reason, different from the ones he suggests to me), even stranger subs (take off well performing players...at half time.) I always choose good ass men too: high determination, man management, tactical knowledge, motivation, player qual. etc.

hopefully he will be more useful in FM09.

I tend to find the ass man only takes notice of my selection when I only select one or two players. I always have a fast paced holiday save on the go alongside a proper game.

If I let the ass man choose the players, he'll put a young defensive midfielder at right back (where he's merely competent) over a proper right back Phil Bardsley. If I tick use me players, and only pick Bardsley, it seems to fix the problem.

To be honest you can't even be sure if he used your tactics or not since (from what I recall) you can't view tactics used by your Assistant Manager (other then seeing the basic positions of the players) - definitely a bad trait that - if he's making a mess and not letting you see his tactics then he doesn't deserve a job and if he's been successful and not letting you see his tactics then he's clearly after your job and needs to be removed as fast as possible!

I sometimes set my AM to use my tactics. My last season I played a right-back at left-back because he was better than anyone else in that position. I also had an odd formation.

7 minutes into the match, without fail, the assistant would take off my player and replace him with a "real" left-back, as well as switching to a flat 4-4-2. I don't trust them any more.

Thats a good point glamgring, he uses the same formation and whenever I let him use his own tactics he uses a flat 4-4-2 so I assumed he was actually listening to me on that. How wrong I may be!

I think I'll just play every match myself from now on!

Aye, it's an ill-defined area really because a manager will usually make tweaks to tactics during a game so telling your assistant manager to use your tactics to start a game is fine, but unless he is expected to make no tactical changes the whole match he's soon going to start tweaking everything around just like an AI manager would, and I'm sure we've all seen AI managers making sbstitutions and wild tactical changes in the opening 10 minutes of a game!

Aye, it's an ill-defined area really because a manager will usually make tweaks to tactics during a game so telling your assistant manager to use your tactics to start a game is fine, but unless he is expected to make no tactical changes the whole match he's soon going to start tweaking everything around just like an AI manager would, and I'm sure we've all seen AI managers making sbstitutions and wild tactical changes in the opening 10 minutes of a game!

You could say that, Man Utd v Chelsea, I was Man Utd and we went 1-0 down inside the 1st 5 minutes, then Scolari decided to take off DROGBA and put on Bridge to play on the left side of 3 central defenders!!!!! Needless to say I took advantage of this and went on to win 3-1 at the Bridge!

The same thing happened to me, I went on Holiday for 6games, when I came back to of my best players (Aguero & Kallstrom) said they disliked my assistant manager. And in those 6games he had lost 3 and drawn the other 3, playing unfit players in unusual positions: Veloso at LB jumps to mind.

Anyway, if I were the O.P I would sack him

Archived