requirements for FM 2009

nick13

Does this question have to be asked every day seemingly? ;)

looks like it :p

anyway, i'm thinking of buying a new laptop and i need it this very second and i can't wait until the specifications for fm09 are released. i'm too scared to ask in-store, or find out for myself, so does anyone know if this laptops good enough?

looks like it :p

anyway, i'm thinking of buying a new laptop and i need it this very second and i can't wait until the specifications for fm09 are released. i'm too scared to ask in-store, or find out for myself, so does anyone know if this laptops good enough?

if it plays Fm08 successfully then it'll be fine for 09!

No one know yet.

Very similar to 08 with a 64mb GPU I would have thought.

the GPU is not relevant... the 3D match engine is very basic too.

The CPU is more important depending on how beefy the database is going to be if you want it to run fast.

From the wip vid, that match engine didn't look graphics intensive, I wouldn't be surprised if it fully supports those crappy intel onboard chips.

I agree. Si are not going to make it graphics intensive otherwise their profit margin will decrease due to many of the fans not having a pc/laptop with enough specs to run the game. I think even old pc's and laptops (5 years old at least) will be able to run the 3d graphics without a problem. Afterall Si are not stupid but I fully expect the 3d graphics to develop in the next 2-3 years and become more intensive but at first they need people to get 'onboard' with 3d and the more that can play it at first the better! It makes business sense.

I agree. Si are not going to make it graphics intensive otherwise their profit margin will decrease due to many of the fans not having a pc/laptop with enough specs to run the game. I think even old pc's and laptops (5 years old at least) will be able to run the 3d graphics without a problem. Afterall Si are not stupid but I fully expect the 3d graphics to develop in the next 2-3 years and become more intensive but at first they need people to get 'onboard' with 3d and the more that can play it at first the better! It makes business sense.

That sounds about right. I must admit I was a little concerned about the 3d match engine but shouldn't think it will out-memory a game like MTW2 which works fine on my laptop.... so all OK :)

it is possible to have good graphics without the need for good hardware - Guild Wars was a prime example. That has stunning graphics (even by today's standards) yet when it was released 3 years ago it worked on 4 year old graphics cards. It just depends on how good your game designers/programmers are.

Archived