Liverpool annoy me

Neji

unlucky mate, never happened to me. though i have noticed that if liverpool start to drop in the league, they still do quite well in the cups. in my recent game they finished 17th in one season then the next they were back to 4th. one of the weirdest teams in the prem imo

Odd, most people say that Liverpool fall away after a couple of seasons, yet that never happens to me.

It always seems to be Everton or Man Utd who do badly, go through many managers and end up on the verge of relegation.

Could it be do with favoured clubs? The rivals of that team do badly?

Well, they have been a top four team since the start of the game, I'm now in 2011 (just finished the 10/11 season). The top four remained the top four until this season where Liverpool and Arsenal both fell to 10th and 11th respectively.

Odd, most people say that Liverpool fall away after a couple of seasons, yet that never happens to me.

It always seems to be Everton or Man Utd who do badly, go through many managers and end up on the verge of relegation.

Could it be do with favoured clubs? The rivals of that team do badly?

in my current game it is the first time man utd haven't done terrible as soon as alex ferguson retires/resigns. coincidentally its also the first time that steve coppell took over at manutd.

Yeah, it's astonishing to think that there's a whole generation of Liverpool fans in their teens with no memory of what it is to win the league title. Shocking.

There are even adult Liverpool fans who have never seen them win the league!

Liverpool and Manchester United always do horrible when managed by AI clubs. This is due to the horrendous financial situation at the clubs. Even player managed if your not careful with your spending (or don't sell off all your overpriced youth), and then don't win everything it can get nasty in the financial department.

The AI doesn't do that great of a job in the transfer market, so if they don't win it all (and they so rarely do), the clubs are quickly in bad shape. Good players with contracts expiring who have high wage costs are never resigned and get released on frees at the end of their contracts. This means they get no money for their best players, and have no money to sign new ones. Team quality slides quickly and its really no surprise they end up at the bottom of the table/relegated.

They do tend to do better in Continental competitions if you don't have the other leagues loaded, because then everything is reputation based and both teams have very high reputations.

Arsenal always end up doing well on mine. They usually have a couple of bad seasons when Wenger goes, then sack the new manager. Get in a big name who, in turn, makes them one of the best teams in the game again.

Archived