Does a youth player's Jumping stat go up signficantly as he gets older?

Having just discovered (!) that the Jumping stat, and not Height, is the one to look out for when buying a player who is dominant in the air, I'd like to know whether or not a youth player's Jumping stat can significantly go up as he gets older?

For example, I have a great 16-year-old prospect, who is a central defender. However, his jumping is currently 4, which would be terrible for a centre-back if it stayed that way. Can I expect his Jumping stat to go up significantly until he stops growing at, again for example, at the age of 23? Or will it only ever go up a couple of points, with training?

good question. considering he is 16 it will rise anyway like his other stats but i am assuming that they dont link growth with jumping. shame, i had the same problem. regen with 20 marking, tackling, heading, positioning, bravery at the age of 17. problem? 8 jumping! at 20 it has risen to 11...

Having just discovered (!) that the Jumping stat, and not Height, is the one to look out for when buying a player who is dominant in the air, I'd like to know whether or not a youth player's Jumping stat can significantly go up as he gets older?

For example, I have a great 16-year-old prospect, who is a central defender. However, his jumping is currently 4, which would be terrible for a centre-back if it stayed that way. Can I expect his Jumping stat to go up significantly until he stops growing at, again for example, at the age of 23? Or will it only ever go up a couple of points, with training?

Has he got good pace and positioning?

Without the jumping he's obviously going to be a weak-link at the back but that's not the only stat essential for a good centre back. I tend to use one goliath and one speed-merchant as my centre-backs; I'm sure it's not the best way to go about things but it seems to be working for me in the EPL. Lower leagues was a different story.

It will go up by about 2-3 points in his entire career.

The good news is that opposition strikers are likely to have rubbish Jumping attributes too after two decades or so too so it's no big deal.

The bad news is that in your title deciding game, you'll come up against a striker with Jumping 16 (Murphy's Law).

Physical attributes develop very little. You need good physical attributes from the very start.

Archived