Testing/Proof Readers Required??

Dazza

The famous Football Manager™ match engine can now be viewed in full 3D with motion captured animations the players. Sports Interactive has been working on the 3D match engine with the support of SEGA Japan’s football development team who provided the motion capture data and some of the animations.

Just reading the game info already small bugs appear in the web page text, lets hope FM09 has a bit more attention to detail ;)

Don't get it

And your attention to detail not that good either, reading the comment

"The famous Football Manager™ match engine can now be viewed in full 3D with motion captured animations the players."

Spot the missing word to make this a correct english sentence!!??

;)

I didn't notice, and very much doubt I would if it were in the real game!

Even in the quote I had to re-read a few times!

Think a lot of people would be the same. To be honest I had to read the line a few times before I posted this thread. It's not a dig at anyone just a little eye opener, just imagine if this was a line of code in the match engine and that missing word meant your team never won if the away kit was yellow and the manager was female LOL. Only kidding but you catch my drift its the little things and attention to detail which sometimes stops a product been the dogs

^ missing word ^ ;)

I suppose it's just the difference between us and them. Some people feel a migraine coming on when they read that sentence. Others don't even notice.

The 'not notice' guys probably are the same people who type things like "they're big coat's ar over their" or something :)

I suppose it's just the difference between us and them. Some people feel a migraine coming on when they read that sentence. Others don't even notice.

The 'not notice' guys probably are the same people who type things like "they're big coat's ar over their" or something :)

Not really. I spell just fine but I don't particularly care when someone doesn't have perfect grammar or use perfect semantics. I'm laid back enough to just let it go

P.S You missed an 'e' out near the end of your sentence

Oh ignore that, I realize you were quoting someone who can't spell ;)

Was that really a topic worthy? spelling and grammatical errrrrrs happen...

Aaaaand moving on

But the point is that this is a professional software release trying to build and maintain credibility amongst growing market competition.

If on the outside simple things such as grammer for marketing and game information web sites do not appear correct how can any possible new or fading users be persuaded to jump aboard the revolution and buy the game.

How many people will be on here come 14/11/2009 complaining about anomalies with graphics/ball physics/regens yet overlook such oversights as incorrect grammer in marketing blurb I wonder??

Doesn't the US decleration of independence have a typo? If there's a typo allowed there, then surely you lot can cut SI a bit of slack and stop bleating about a gramatical error.

You surely cannot compare the Americans to such a great nation as the British when talking of grammatical sense can you?

or should that read ... U shrly cnt cmp USA 2 gr8 brit wen tlk grm senz eh? ;)

It does seem a little... pedantic. I don't think SI are going to lose any credability for a typo as little as this.

Not saying they will lose any "credibility" << spelling must do better please memorise and write 100 lines.

You see the opening paragraph of the game information goes on to make bold statements of intensive testing then the next paragraph comes up with an obvious bloomer, hardly something to fill you with confidence now is it? ;)

But the point is that this is a professional software release trying to build and maintain credibility amongst growing market competition.

Isn't that saying they would lose credibility? :p

please memorise and write 100 lines.

Memorize << spelling must do better please memorize and write 100 lines

See how easy it is? :)

Isn't that saying they would lose credibility? :p

Memorize << spelling must do better please memorize and write 100 lines

See how easy it is? :)

You see it is easy when confused with full American influenced spellings. Memorise is infact a correct spelling using Queen's English and Memorize is an American adaption of that spelling.

You see it is easy when confused with full American influenced spellings. Memorise is infact a correct spelling using Queen's English and Memorize is an American adaption of that spelling.

You've got me there. I will however, resist from pointing out your other spelling mistakes :)

You've got me there. I will however, resist from pointing out your other spelling mistakes :)

I love FM as a game and really want the best for the game like most users, but it really gets my back up when simple things which could very easily be avoided let the side down.

We all get a great deal of enjoyment out of this game young and old from all over the world, but FM 2008 in my mind was a little bit of a let down and this year I don't want a load of hype followed by another let down.

SI are a bit like a football team really and if the smallest guy on that team right down to the kit man does not do his/her job correctly the fan's are let down.

Here's hoping for a killer of a release come 14/11/2009 :)

Help me understand something. Why doesn't the english language include some commas?! What do you guys have against commas? They are here to help emphasise short breaks in long sentences. So use them, it's a muddafriggin' order!

I don't see why everyone is having a go at everyone's spelling! Does it really matter. It doesn't affect anyone so just let it go!

Guy, it's just for kicks...

Archived