Making FM09 Run Quicker

I have been playing FM08 on a basic laptop with only 1.5GHZ & 256MB RAM & I'm sure it has nothing special or even any graphics card at all.

Its a bit slow, but still playable. I'm thinking of upgrading it, but not sure the best & cheapest way of doing so. Someone mentioned buying an extra 1GB of RAM giving me a total 1.280GB of RAM....

.... Do you know if extra RAM will make FM09 run any quicker or is there a better way to spend my money?

Thanks

DerbyLad

I have been playing FM08 on a basic laptop with only 1.5GHZ & 256MB RAM & I'm sure it has nothing special or even any graphics card at all.

Its a bit slow, but still playable. I'm thinking of upgrading it, but not sure the best & cheapest way of doing so. Someone mentioned buying an extra 1GB of RAM giving me a total 1.280GB of RAM....

.... Do you know if extra RAM will make FM09 run any quicker or is there a better way to spend my money?

Thanks

DerbyLad

Ram will make most things run quicker and to be honest 256MB will struggle to cope with Windows let alone Games

While an extra gb of ram will be helpful you have to also consider other things like...

The speed and type of processor you are using and 1.5ghz isn't a lot by todays standards

What other programs are running at the same time as FM

What size database and how many leagues are you running.

I personally think the best option would be a new computer if you can afford one.

• 2 weeks later...

If your mainly looking to upgrade for FM, memory is always the cheapest way to get a noticeable performance increase. I'd put in another stick or 2 of ram and if you can afford it then look into upgrading your processor, though look at your motherboard as well as if your planning on upgrading piece by piece you want a motherboard that will support newer CPU's.

i've got 1.5 gb ram, and 1.6ghz processor, and it runs ok... go make a cuppa or three while it processes the results on fa cup 3rd round day though,t hat takes forever, and it does get slow when you get well into the future. i have all English leagues running, down to bss/bsn, but anything on top of that it slows it down too much for me

Archived