Flashing text

I'm not but i did have one hell of a headache which the flashing wasn't helping, i didn't wish to stop playing the game though.

Good point about epilepsy though, you would have thought the option to turn it off would be there for people who have it.

Last time i was at ibrox and Hampden and the scoreboard flashes there when a goal is scroed. So i imagine thats where the idea is taken from. Although i agree there should be away for peopel with epiliclicy(sp???) so turn it off

The simple thing to do (and SI might want to take note here if they haven't done this already) is run it through the Harding Test - which is a test using a machine that measures flashes, types of flashes, frequency of flashes, etc, to determine whether they are safe. Any TV ad featuring flashing images has to be run through this, so SI could do the same. I've no idea if the flashes would pass - they could well do. If they do, then it's safe for epileptics.

But of course, flashing images only trigger seizures in the most severe of sufferers, who probably shouldn't be playing FM anyway.

Archived