new pc and setup

er.. NASA might have one which could do that!

I'm running about 35 leagues on a vista 64, Quad Core 6600, 4 gig ram and its started to get pretty slow around 2010.

All leagues is a bit optimistic... anyway do you have to have the Indian 2nd Divisin, Northern Ireland 3rd leaue etc etc all running?!

I'm thinking of buying a new p.c and would like to run every league on the game.

Does anyone know the kind of spec I would need to do this and for the game to run at a decent pace?

Ummm, it depends on what you would mean by "Decent" if you are the patient fellow, then I am not the best at being PC savvy. But if you can stick a few extra RAM. Into the old machine, and build it up. Get some help from some PC building buddies.... hell might be a lot cheaper than buying whole machine.

Hmmm Quoad core maybe I dunno seen similar threads and its all about the RAM. With something in tecnical language about Dual is fine, as it isn't using the 64 Bit archicture, no idea what I said in the last sentence about 64 bit.

However, I've heared, or seen on these forums that RAM is what is that is needed. Maybe Dual core will fine.

Yes im here pyewackett!

I've decided to test running 101 leagues from 50 countries on small database. I've got to say its running ok at the moment. Like you say quadcore, 4 gig of ram. Obviously the more RAM the better as thats all you need for this game. But even with vista 64 bit its not capable of running the full 4 gig. it will use about 3.8 of it.

Yes im here pyewackett!

I've decided to test running 101 leagues from 50 countries on small database. I've got to say its running ok at the moment. Like you say quadcore, 4 gig of ram. Obviously the more RAM the better as thats all you need for this game. But even with vista 64 bit its not capable of running the full 4 gig. it will use about 3.8 of it.

Good luck Mizza01

i meant every league, not every division

Ah, understand... well as has been mentioned ram is pretty key so if you get a 64bit OS then get 4gn of ram and as quick a processor as possible. Graphics card isn't too important for FM (even with the new 3d engine i'm sure), but obviously depends what other games you want to play on it!

Just checked there're 52 leagues, if you want to run the top division on each at a reasonable pace over time i'd think you'd need to get a higher spec pc then mine... I was running a huge database as well though.

Archived