How long does it take you to complete 1 season on fm2008?

Hi i was just wondering how long it takes all of you to complete a season on fm2008

What's your pc specs and how long does it take?

Do you manage your team on match days or go on holiday?

If yes what speed settings do you use?

Do you spend alot of time in the transfer market?

I'll start My pc specs are:

Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4ghz

2GB RAM

Windows XP

320GB RAM

1024mb Nvidia 9500GT Graphics card

It takes me about 12-15 hours to complete 1 season

I manage my team on match days

I have my speed settings on match days set to Highest

I spend alot of time in the transfer market about 1-2 hours

Takes quite a while, a week or two if I play every night after work and longer on weekends. I spend a lot of time on my transfers and I don't do holidays. It used to take even longer but I've upgraded my PC a little and it now processes at least 4 times faster than it used to do. So now I can go through a season considerably quicker.

Way too long time. :(

I can get trough the first season by 1-2 day and the second are rather fast too. But then, when the fun begins with regens and the early start of a long term game begins it takes much longer time. 1-2 weeks/season and that's if i play 3+ hours a day.

Unfortunately it wasn't possible to play long term games in FM08 as the regens was so crappy that it wasn't any fun at all. Never managed longer than 3 seasons in FM08. :(

Had 5 saves that i played more than once, three of them was ended after the first season, the fourth lasted two and the fifth did last a couple of games into the third season.

Worst. FM. Ever.

I can only do a couple of months in a day of playing!

WHS and I rarely have a whole day to play in :(

My specs are not that bad (new laptop :D :D ). 2GHz Dual Core Processor and 4GB of RAM is all you need. I also load a lot of leagues to keep it as realistic (and exciting) as possible, 82 in my current save. So sometimes it takes a little while to process, but then I get some schoolwork done as well :D

I can't believe how quick some of these seasons are for you guys!

I'm right at the end of my second season (2 games left to go) and it's taken me almost 7 days of playing time to get there.

Admittedly I leave FM on while I do other things, but I never leave it on overnight like some people do.

My first season took me 3 and a half days to complete, so it'll be roughly the same with my second season.

It takes me ages as I play 85% of games on full match and the rest of extended as well as taking quite a few under 18's and reserve games during the season to experiment with youth. I'm a big tinkerer and spend ages scouting players and teams.

On FM 08 i have only completed I believe 4 seasons, 3 with Millwall, one with Stafford

Depends on how many leagues I play...

One league, usually English takes about 15-20 hours to complete. I finished a season in HK in about 5 hours. A season in China takes me about 10 hours.

My career games take a lot longer though. Takes about a week (and getting longer) to finish a season with PSV.

I've got about six days' game time in my current game and I'm just about to embark on season three so I guess I'm one of the slower ones.

I play extended highlights (I weaned myself off the full 90) but I also control the reserves directly so that may explain some of it.

I manage the reserves because I like to try things out and see how my promising youngsters are coming along and I don't trust my asst man to do it properly.

Off topic: This was partly prompted because I put a striker into the reserves to get him fit and later realised the asst man was playing him in goal. I ask you!

I take ages, but I also have a slow laptop. I'm ~3½ seasons in to my main game, that I started after the last patch came out early in the year so not exactly motoring, although I have played other saves on and off and recently returned to FM06 to actually have some fun. I watch Werder Bremen in full match mode ~75% of the time though so that slows things down hugely, plus I also manage Fiorentina in the same game.

about 5 hours

how do you complete a season in 5 hours? I`m guessing you barely make formation/tactic changes for each game? Kind of like playing on cruise-control? It takes me 5 hours alone on transfers, I spend a lot of time looking around for good players....

All depends which league I'm playing in and if the team needs major changing and searching for players. Right now I'm playing in Belarussian 1st league with a 26 game season, clearly playing in the championship takes a lot longer as would having a lot of european games.

For me it's more or less 24 hours, which stretches out to about a week, sometimes less. Depends on how into it I am. I once completed a whole season in a matter of 3 days.

If I'm really into a particular save, I tend to play through a couple months in the morning and more or less the same at night.

One aspect of the game that I've had a problem with is the regens. I've never had a save that wen't past 2012 because when I start looking for regen talent by then I'm dissapointed with the lack of quality.

Archived