Bad ref decision's

In FM09 will referee's be suspended from matches or fined for bad decisions during matches after an appeal is successful? so frustrating when you win appeal and nothing else happens.

Also please share your stories of ref's bad decisions costing you big matches :-)

Thanks

I didn't expect the match to be replayed and the relevant authorities have given their reasons which i think Coppell was well aware of before he offered to replay it, both the referee and his assistant need hauling over the coals, a comical decision which insensed me no end.

Many have said Reading should have spoken up or let us have a goal and to a extent i agree if there was an ounce of integrity left in the game but i guess it's not down to them to make up for the ineptitude of Mr Atwell and Mr Bannister who i can only hope get severly punished by the FA etc.

Grrrrrrr!!

In FM09 will referee's be suspended from matches or fined for bad decisions during matches after an appeal is successful?

Highly unlikely this will be implemented until it becomes more commonplace irl I would have thought.

Highly unlikely this will be implemented until it becomes more commonplace irl I would have thought.

You say this but a lot of referee's are being punished now. Not suspensions but they get moved down into the lower leagues to officiate, this would be good if this happened. And I think something that will happen next year. (see I'm already thinking about the next release :))

a lot of referee's are being punished now.

Really? Which refs are being punished and in which country\competition are they officiating because I can't think of any recently that it has happened to. I don't think they'll implement it until it happens in more than one country and it happens on a more regular basis i.e 3 or 4 a season but thats just my opinion.

Really? Which refs are being punished and in which country\competition are they officiating because I can't think of any recently that it has happened to. I don't think they'll implement it until it happens in more than one country and it happens on a more regular basis i.e 3 or 4 a season but thats just my opinion.

The assistant at the Reading Watford game has been suspended or something and I think it was Phil Dowd who made a mistake and had to referee in League 2 last week. Not sure if it was Phil Dowd but I think it's him.

I think they're legally bound not to be able to place blame on referees, or have consistently badly performing refs, the same way they're not allowed to have players being banned for taking drugs.

That's what that old famous ARSE command was about.

Hopefully the 3d engine will lets us see if fouls are actually fouls this time around though :)

Happens all the time. I've lost count the number of times that Uriah Rennie and Rob Styles have been demoted.

Happens all the time. I've lost count the number of times that Uriah Rennie and Rob Styles have been demoted.

I remember once Uriah Rennie officiating at Chesterfield match. He was a shocking ref, i honestly dont know how he is in the premiership most weekends.

On the refs...I'm wondering if we'll not have players crowding the referee in 09. Recently had the initiative of only captains allowed to approach them, I think that'd be good cause now the attributes of the captain you pick will be important. More important than simply having high influence.

Imagine a high influence, tempermental, controversial captain! Woo!

something needs to be improved here. whats the point in complaining, the fa say 'oh yeah we were wrong' and thats the end of it...rubbish. surely its not too hard to say 'we were wrong and will be taking action against the ref'. and then get another msg saying that hes been banned from reffing for a few wks or is refereeing a conference match or something

On the refs...I'm wondering if we'll not have players crowding the referee in 09. Recently had the initiative of only captains allowed to approach them, I think that'd be good cause now the attributes of the captain you pick will be important. More important than simply having high influence.

Imagine a high influence, tempermental, controversial captain! Woo!

There is so much more to choosing the captain based on influence alone already.

Some nice replies, thanks

I just heard that rob styles has contacted Bolton to apologise about that bad penalty decision at the weekend, even if something as simple as this is implimented into the game it would be such animprovement from "FA stay silent".

Also this could snowball into giving referee's personalities as some referee's may not want to apologise and say they just gave the decision based on what they thought was right at the time.

This would also make me take more notice in who is refereeing my matches e.g. if styles gave a bad decision in a match i'd be looking to jump down his neck if it ever happened again in 1 of my matches.

Archived