Improvement to Random Team Selector

For a while now I’ve been struggling to start a new game on FM and in particular selecting a team. I’ve been trying to use the “random” button, but think that the feature could be improved.

IMO a filter option would be handy and help us pick a random team, but make sure the team is in the category we want, of course that’s not totally random, but we don’t always want a totally random team.

The filters I would include are:

Nation

I might want to play in a particular country, but want to pick a random team within that country. Sometimes it can take a lot of clicks before it finally lands on that nation and especially if you’re running a lot of leagues.

Format

Domestic or International, speaks for itself.

Be able to pick between Regional, National, Continental and Worldwide.

Budget

In the same way we can set a filter for player’s value, we could set a filter for teams with certain budgets.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. I don’t see why it would too much of a problem as it’s basically the player search filter system, but for clubs, so if I wanted to manage a team in England with national reputation and a budget between £1m - £6m, it would pick a random club within these categories.

It would make life easier when picking a “random” club, that isn’t necessarily all that random.

I don't agree with the budget stuff and all that, but being able to pick a nation in which to manage (club side) or to manage a nation itself would be good. Even selecting the particular league to manage in and letting it select randomly from the teams in that league would be good. I don't like the idea of it selecting based on filters of things which aren't visible though.

For a while now I’ve been struggling to start a new game on FM and in particular selecting a team. I’ve been trying to use the “random” button, but think that the feature could be improved.

IMO a filter option would be handy and help us pick a random team, but make sure the team is in the category we want, of course that’s not totally random, but we don’t always want a totally random team.

The filters I would include are:

Nation

I might want to play in a particular country, but want to pick a random team within that country. Sometimes it can take a lot of clicks before it finally lands on that nation and especially if you’re running a lot of leagues.

Format

Domestic or International, speaks for itself.

Be able to pick between Regional, National, Continental and Worldwide.

Budget

In the same way we can set a filter for player’s value, we could set a filter for teams with certain budgets.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. I don’t see why it would too much of a problem as it’s basically the player search filter system, but for clubs, so if I wanted to manage a team in England with national reputation and a budget between £1m - £6m, it would pick a random club within these categories.

It would make life easier when picking a “random” club, that isn’t necessarily all that random.

Only thing with the budget filter is that this way you could gauge the budgets of rivals, something which was taken out of the game as it is unrealistic. And also you get a different budget from a club depending on the reputation you choose as manager (i think).

Archived